Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Sweet Christmas Card w/Removable Tag

Hello, sweet blog friends.  I'm sneaking in a quick blog post tonight to share a card I created today.  It was really just for fun; but I ended up using a lot of goodies from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  I also used some Paper Sweeties stuff, so I've labeled this blog post accordingly.  I guess it goes to say that I get inspired by the products I love, and both of these companies have LOTS of great products that I enjoy using a majority of the time I'm crafting.  This card was put together using some paper scraps or "snippets".
I started my project with the tag.  I wanted the tag to be removable so that it can be used as a bookmark or just a keepsake; so I kept that in mind as I designed the card.  I placed together snippets of inked patterned papers, added some vintage scotch tape, and added some lovely trims from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  There are so many great Laces, Seam Binding Colors, and cute Floral Stamens, etc. in this wonderful shop.  Just putting that out there, friends.  So, here's the finished card with the tag attached to the front.
My sentiment #believe is from Paper Sweeties, as is the tag Sweet Cut itself.  They have SO many cute sentiment stamp sets, image stamp sets, coordinating dies (Sweet Cuts) and so much more.  I love using these sweet sentiments on a wide variety of my projects.  There's always a sweet perfect thing to say on a card going to someone special.
I love the rusty jingle bells tied with Ivory Burlap String.  I used the snippet of dark woodgrain paper to match the dark brown of the bells.  I enjoyed the soft and hard colors on this project, and all the great textures I was able to add with the various products I used.
I had mentioned to my blog friend, Gail, that I had made 93 tags to enter in the 25 Days of Christmas Tags.  She encouraged me by saying, "YOU CAN DO IT......just make 7 more tags to reach 100 tags....." so I got up, and got it done.  I am pretty sure that I now have 100 tags entered in this AMAZING event.  I have at least one for every day of the event because there was just SO much great inspiration.  All my packages will be covered it cute tags (some cuter than others).
Thanks SO much for stopping by today.  I appreciate your visits SO much.  Before I run off, let me just mention once again about my daughter, Andrea's, Etsy Shop for jewelry (gifts, etc.) and my blog friend, Kim Heggins', Etsy Shop for bags, masks, etc.  Both shops are a great place to pick up a few unique one-of-a-kind handmade gifts.  They're worth taking a peek.  Thanks again SO much for visiting.

Blessings.
Karen

I'm playing along here in these challenges that I absolutely LOVE:
25 Days of Christmas Tags - This tag (at top of page) was inspired by (among others with similar color scheme) Lin Brandyberry on Day 2.  I hope you ready my little "100 Tags" story above.  The tag is removable from the card (as also explained above).

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Fun With Dies - I used a Paper Sweeties tag die and a Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Die for the scalloped border.



2 comments:

  1. Kelly.....You are simply one amazing lady!!! So lucky and blessed to count you as friend. I love all your sweet comments, a real sweet gift from you. You have such an incredible way with words and an amazing heart! Simply beautiful creation, just love all your incredible tags you made over the 26 days, they will be as cherished as the gifts inside your packages!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to play along with Tracey's 25 Days of Christmas Tags!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.