Friday, February 23, 2024

Stitched Easter Card & Bookmark w/RRR

I think Easter has to be one of my most favorite holidays for crafting.  I just love all things pastel, soft and sweet, and of course.....covered in ribbons and bows.  Really Reasonable Ribbon always has the perfect trims and accents for every project I make.  They can help you find the perfect products for your next project as well.
I have always loved stitching dies, cross-stitching, and making various things than can incorporate my cross-stitching with my card-making.  This duo was a lot of fun to make.  I used corrugated cardboard for the base of both my card and the matching bookmark.  I like to use scraps of paper whenever possible.  Some are so cute that you just hate throwing them out, you know?  Here's an occasion to use them.
I used some Brushed Corduroy Ink to "stain" or "dirty" my lengths of Bay Leaf Seam Binding.  I also bundled some Natural Burlap String and placed atop the embroidery hoops as well as in the pretty bow where I tucked in a few Double Head Stamens.  There are so many soft sweet touches at Really Reasonable Ribbon.
I thought it would be a cute idea to make a matching bookmark for this sweet card.  I found both of the cross-stitch images on Pinterest.  All those wonderful layers are securely attached using lots of fabulous Scor-Tape.  There are several lengths of Green Apple Seam Binding hanging from the top of the bookmark.
Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I hope you'll visit the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog often for lots of great inspiration and then do some shopping at Really Reasonable Ribbon.  Treat yourself.   I hope you have a really great week.

I'm playing along here in these fun challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog - Simon Says "Not a Card" so I'm entering my bookmark.

Paper Funday Challenge Blog - Challenge #62 - Anything Goes w/Optional Twist of No Patterned Paper.  Well, I used some patterned papers on my card and bookmark.

TIME OUT Challenge Blog - Challenge #257 - Happy 10th Birthday to TIME OUT Challenge Blog.  While this isn't a birthday card, it's certainly a very special card/bookmark that was made to help celebrate an Easter birthday for someone very special.
Stay creative.

Blessings,
Karen 

7 comments:

  1. Love it, so very cut what die did you use for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful work, love the vintage look and all the beautiful embellishments! Thanks for playing along with us at the Paper Funday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful and beautiful work Karen - love the wee cross stitched images, and you have mounted them beautifully
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely projects Karen - I just love all the little details! Thanks for joining us for our 10th birthday celebration at Time Out Challenges! Looking forward to seeing you in the gallery again soon!
    Hugs, Kate (DT Time Out Challenges)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness these are both so cute, I enjoy cross stitching too :). I love your little heart tags with the bow too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG...I'm DYING over this little bunny!!! It's just so cute...I love your crafting style! The layers and embellies are perfection.
    Thanks also for visiting and commenting on my blog, I appreciate your time and sweetness!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow.. I am in love with your sweet projects! Your attention to details is so praiseworthy. The textures and colors are beautiful. Thank you so much for joining Time out challenges 10th birthday celebrations! Hugs ~ Ishani <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.