Monday, April 1, 2024

What's Up Chickie? w/The Four Seasons Challenge

Are you ready for another FUN challenge? Well, if so, then head on over to The Four Seasons Challenge for our April challenge which, once again, has a Spring theme. This means you can create anything that says "Spring" to you. We look forward to seeing what you'll create to share with us this month. I made a sweet little cross-stitched card with a Spring feel. I used corrugated cardboard for my base and I layered that with a Crate Paper patterned paper and a journalling card that I machine stitched to my card base. Next, I used the darling Hoopla Dies from The Greetery to cross-stitch my chick. I found the pattern on Pinterest. It's always FUN to pull out my DMC floss and do some hand stitching.
I added some Orange Baker's Twine to the top of the embroidery hoop and topped it with a Moss Green Open Rose.  I love to add dimension, textures and layers to my cards so the cross-stitch element was a lot of fun.  I found the chick cross-stitch pattern on Pinterest.  The stamped sentiment is from the What's Up Chickie Stamp Set from Paper Sweeties.
We look forward to seeing what you'll create to share with us this month at The Four Seasons Challenge.  Whatever Spring means to you, and however you're inspired, come share your art with us and show us your creativity.  I hope I've inspired you - at least enough to come play along with us.  We all have different styles of crafting, and that's what makes it so special when you share your creations in challenges.  That way, everyone can enjoy your cards.
Thanks again for visiting me here today, friends.  It always means a lot to me when you stop by and say hello.  I'd love to know you were here (by way of a comment, if you will please) and I'd be happy to come by your blog to say hello, see what you're creating, and return the favor.  In the meantime, please be sure to come play along with us at The Four Seasons Challenge.

Here's where I'll be sharing this sweet little card:


Critter Crazy Challenge - Challenge #85 - Anything Goes/Feature a Critter (my little cross-stitched chick)

TIME OUT Challenge Blog - Challenge #260 - Striped - I have stripes (as you can see) in the corrugated cardboard as well as stripes on my patterned paper and my journalling card.
How fun.  Come play along in all the awesome challenges.

Blessings,
Karen

11 comments:

  1. Such a pretty and textural card Karen - that wee chick is gorgeous, and beautifully cross stitched
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG how creative and fun! Love your duckie! Hope you had an awesome Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! My goodness, what wonderful cross stitching, so neat, matched with lovely papers, texture, and design. Fun too. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stitching all looks fantastic and what a great sketch! Love how this turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable. Great cross-stitching work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so sweet. The colors say spring right out loud, as does your adorable cross-stitched chick. A perfect spring themed card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Karen, fabulous layout and your chickie is super cute! Thank for showing us your stripes at Time Out Challenges!
    Hugs, Kate (DT Time Out Challenges)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness that is just the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beatyful card and a lovely challenge,
    greetings Femmy

    ReplyDelete
  10. This really is an amazing project, so much attention to detail and time taken to craft and create. The cross stitch chick is adorable but the composition really is a delight to my eyes, FANTASTIC!!!!
    Thank you for the inspiration.. Happy Crafting Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is adorable!! What a fun way to add some texture and dimension to your card! The card is also beautiful; love the spring feel to it. Thanks for playing with Critter Crazy Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.