Saturday, July 13, 2024

July Blog Hop w/Really Reasonable Ribbon

If you're ready for a FUN and inspiring Blog Hop, then you're in the right place.  You should have arrived here by way of Misty's Blog; but if not you're able to catch up quickly.  The theme of our Blog Hop this month is Christmas in July.  I've combined some sweet die cuts with papers, trims, goodies from Really Reasonable Ribbon, and a sweet sentiment from Bonnie Garby Designs.  The prizes for this month's Blog Hop is a $10 credit to Really Reasonable Ribbon and two digital stamp sets of choice from Bonnie Garby Designs.  How sweet is this sentiment?
The Bonnie Garby Designs sentiment that I used on this card is from her The Heart of Christmas Bundle.  I cut it, and some of the other pieces, using a crimped frame from Gina K. Designs.  The sprinkles inside my mugs (gingerbread men and candy canes) are from Twiddler's Nook.  I tucked in several Double Head Stamens, a real cinnamon stick, and a length of both Black & White Bold Check Ribbon and Bay Leaf Seam Binding.  I tied a bow with the Black & White Bold Check Ribbon.
Because they're just so cute and I couldn't resist.....I made a matching tag/bookmark for this card.  I've been trying to remember to create a matching tag/bookmark and envelope when making my cards lately.  It's quick and easy, and even a simple piece of Baker's Twine could be the perfect touch every time.
The tag also uses lots of fabulous Scor-TapeBlack & White Bold Check Ribbon and a length of Teal Baker's Twine.  One of the reasons why I love Baker's Twine so much is because it's just ten cents ($0.10/yard) per yard.  Another is that it comes is so many fabulous colors - both striped and solid.  Baker's Twine is the perfect accent for tags, bookmarks and so many different projects.
I used several pieces of Scor-Tape in various widths to secure everything in place.  I also used some White 3-D Foam Tabs to raise the edges of the coffee mugs and some of the glitter-frosted marshmallows.  This was just one of those cards where I found myself adding more and more.....and then some more.  A small JenniBowlin blue ticket, a miniature Tim Holtz staple, Crate Paper stickers.  One of my signature cards where I just keep adding things as I go.
Really Reasonable Ribbon always has the perfect trims, twines and touches for every card and every project.  I'm also always so excited about the fabulous Adhesives available at Really Reasonable Ribbon.  OK, so your last stop on this Blog Hop is over on the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog where you'll answer one final question.  Thanks for joining us this month, and please don't forget to leave a comment on each blog.

Blessings,
Karen

10 comments:

  1. I ADORE these mugs! I LOVE the way you layered them and the papers! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only recently come to enjoy the great variety of baker's twine available to us...gives a nice informal look to a project. LOVE the real cinnamon sticks!! That tag would make a lovely tree ornament. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a festive card/bookmark set-love all of the extras!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, my friend! This is so much fun!! So much interest and dimension and yumminess. I'll take one of each of those drinks, please. lol I love shakers. They're my fave type of card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fabulous! So much to look at in your design!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My comment came up as anonymous. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful Christmas card Karen. I always love all the special little details and doo-dads you add. It makes your cards extra special!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness!!! What a stunning make!!! So many things to draw the eyes! 😍 Thank you for the heads up on the blog hop! I've been super inspired by all of these lovely creations!!!
    Hugs,
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous projects with such great elements!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.