Friday, February 7, 2020

Kiss The Cook/Recipe Card Folder

Hello there, and thanks for visiting.  Today I'm posting on behalf of Really Reasonable Ribbon, and I have a fun Recipe Card Folder that's sure to warm your heart.  I made it for a friend who loves to cook/bake; and who loves old "kitchy" things like I do.  So, with that theme in mind, I decided to send her a card that not says hello and lets her know I'm thinking about her, but also incorporates a couple of recipes and even gives me the opportunity to tuck in a few vintage kitchy items for her.
I started with a basic card, and used cardstocks and patterned papers to make my base.  I ran some red print gaffer tape along the binding of the card to give it some girth (you may catch a glimpse of it in photos).  The front of the card incorporates the cardstocks, patterned papers and ephemera which I layered together securely with strips of Scor-Tape.  This is a fabulous Adhesive that comes in several widths to help you create cards and projects that will stay together over time.  The front of my card also has a journaling card from this Bo Bunny (Kiss The Cook) line I used.  I added a length of Cherry Baker's Twine to the printed apron, and I tied it around her apron giving it extra length to hang down.  Baker's Twine is SUPER inexpensive at just 10cents/yard and comes in OODLES of fun colors.  The sentiment on the front of the card is a chipboard piece from this same Bo Bunny line.  I also added a floral cluster/bow to the front of the card which includes a length of Red Burlap String and Cherry Baker's Twine, and is topped with a Yellow Magnolia Flower and two Pastel Green Open Roses, some Red, Blue and Black Double Head Stamens and a Mulberry Leaf.  I also sprinkled some prills on the paper surrounding the floral cluster.  There's also a 16mm Heart Shaped Immitation Pearl Buckle Slide on the front of my card that has red and yellow prills and glitter in its center.
On the inside left of the card, I added a small white lunch bag that I folded over to create a pocket.  I covered the smaller (low) portion of the bag with patterned papers, and used Scor-Tape once again to secure the outer edges of the pocket; leaving me with the small extra pocket in front where I tucked in a cute ephemera chocolate chip cookie with cooking tips written on it, an antique/vintage wooden spoon with the wrapper still on, a ticket, and a tea bag.  Then, in the top pocket of the bag, I tucked in a couple recipe cards with yummy recipes on them for my friend to enjoy; including my Easy Chicken Pot Pie Recipe.
I decorated the pocket bag with a width of Red Gingham Ribbon, Yellow Burlap String, Red Double-Head Stamens, Black Gingham Ribbon tied with Solid Black Baker's Twine, and some Mixed Blue Sweetheart Blossoms.  You can see some of this peeking through when you look at the front of the card.  There's also a tiny rusty paper clip on the edge of the pocket.
On the inside right of the card, I added a piece of ivory cardstock inked with red edges.  This is where I will write a personal note to my friend before sending it off.  I tried really hard not to add too much, but to still give my card some special touches.  Really Reasonable Ribbon always has the perfect items to help me adorn my cards and projects.  Things like Mulberry Flowers, Stamens, Burlap String, Baker's Twine, Adhesives, and SO much more can be found at RRR.  There's also lots of inspiration on the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog, and let's not forget about our FUN monthly Blog Hop which is just around the corner.  We hope you'll join us in  six days (13th of every month) for our Blog Hop where one lucky person will win our FABULOUS Ribbon Club Assortment.  Like I said, there's always lots of inspiration and fun at Really Reasonable Ribbon.  Thanks again for stopping by!
Please stop by again soon.  Your visits are always welcomed and appreciated.  Have a blessed and creative week, everyone.

Blessings,
Karen

I'm playing along in these fun challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog - Floral Frenzy


5 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable. She'll love it. I'd like a slice of that chicken pot pie, too. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this theme and it goes so well with all the extra bows and flowers you added. As always, you are a master of adding these dimensional embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this "kiss the cook" card and all your darling details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a gorgeous and thoughtful, gift filled, card Karen - what a wonderful creation for your friend
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful project and a very thoughtful gift! I love all the personalized details that make crafting such fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.