Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Seth Apter Designs Visits Word Art Wednesday

Welcome by today, everyone.  Today's an exciting day at Word Art Wednesday as we have a COOL new sponsor, Seth Apter Designs.  Seth's store is filled with all sorts of great Mixed Media crafting goods to help you create something WONDERFUL.  I was SUPER excited when I first spoke with Seth and he agreed to sponsor a challenge for us at Word Art Wednesday.  I, admittedly, know very little about Mixed Media; although it's something that's always intrigued me.  When I looked through Seth's AWESOME store, I was surprisingly excited and inspired.  I decided right then that I would push myself to create something from the Mixed Media wheelhouse, and that is what I came up with to share with you today using my new Seth Apter Paints.
AND....let me just say that his AWESOME products make it EASY (even for a girl like me who creates within my safe little "box" all the time) to create something fun and new/different.  I was immediately drawn to Seth's fabulous Paint Sets.  When I first fell in love with the colors in Seth's Retired #5 Paper Artsy Paint Set, I was bummed out to learn that the set was out of stock.  I waited patiently, and when this gorgeous paint set came back in stock, I grabbed a set immediately.  And let me tell you...I'm SO glad that I did.  I had SO much fun playing and creating with these lovely colors of rich, creamy paint.
The base is a piece of thick cardboard that I painted with the Hint of Mint Paint, and is then painted the entire base with Tim Holtz Crackle Paint and a thin layer of Mod Podge.  I covered the base with a piece of regular scrappy old burlap, but I'm wishing I'd cut it smaller so you could see the crackled base.  Next, I used a layered Stencil Set to create a canvas background by painting the larger images on the canvas in Squid Ink Paint, and then doing the complimentary stencil design in the Turquoise Paint.  There are so many great Paints Sets at Seth Apter Designs.
Next, I cut several hearts of different sizes and again painted them with each of these four alternating colors, including the sweet Pink Pixie Dust Paint.  The way these colors compliment one another is absolutely stunning.  I also added some craft glue to adhere several fun WOW Embossing products including Microbeads, Prills and Glitter.  Seth Apter Designs carries his own amazing line of WOW Embossing Products along with Mini Stamp Sets, Stencils, and SO much more.  I also inked a piece of cheesecloth with Tim Holtz Burlap Ink, and I shredded it a bit and placed it under the canvas hearts.
I also made a quick tag using layers of Gesso, some textures, more Gesso, and more of these wonderful Paints from Seth Apter.  You can see the big "CRACK" right down the middle of my tag.  I got that crack by using my heat tool.  I'd also thought about inking it, but I wanted those gorgeous Paint colors to be the STAR of my tag.  They are SO pretty!
There will be TWO lucky people who play along with us at Word Art Wednesday that will win a $25 Gift Certificate to Seth Apter Designs.  This is an AWESOME prize with double the chance of winning, and we really hope you'll stop by to share your art with us.  We always enjoy seeing your amazing cards and projects.  Have a blessed week, and stay creative.

Karen

I'll be playing along in these FUN challenges I love:

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Simon Says Crack It Up - I used Tim Holtz crackle paint on my cardboard base.  Sadly, (as I explained above) it's mostly covered by the burlap piece (I should have cut that smaller), as the crackled base is a cool look.  You can see it much better in real life where you can peek through the burlap.  You can also see the huge CRACK(s) right down the middle of my tag.  I got these cracks in my tag by using the heat tool on the drying paints.

Mod Squad Challenge Blog - You're All Heart - Since I used lots of HEARTS on both projects, I wanted to link up and play along.

Dar and Diane's Double D Challenge Blog - Hearts Challenge - Since I used lots of HEARTS on both my projects, I wanted to link up and play along here as well.




8 comments:

  1. Beautiful and what a lovely piece to display the verse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I can appreciate all of the work that went into the making of the gorgeous design. Great and very interesting design.Thanks for joining the Double D, “Hearts” Challenge.
    Barbara DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL, artsy project! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Hearts’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really are 'rocking' these paints and the mixed media Karen - these are amazing projects
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm terrible with mixed media. You look like you did a great job on this creation. I love the hearts and the colors of them. Looks like some nice texture mixed in, too. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Love the canvas hearts. Thanks for joining the Double D, "Hearts" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful mixed media creation! Wanted to also let you know that the curent linky has closed on the website. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.