Monday, May 4, 2020

Happy Birthday - Reverse Confetti

Welcome by my blog today, friends.  Today I'm sharing a card that I created using some FUN products from Reverse Confetti.  I don't own a whole lot of their stuff yet, but I sure do love their stamps, dies, etc.  I started with a deep purple cardstock base, and then added a layer of white water color paper that I used to cut the Striped Cover Panel (retired, I guess - can't find it in the store).  I took the ten small diagonal stripes out and painted them (deep purple, turquoise, mint and pink) using my favorite Seth Apter paints.  Once the strips were painted and dried, I placed them back into the Reverse Confetti Cover Plate.  What a fun background.
Next, I used the Reverse Confetti Sentiment Essentials Stamp Set for the Happy Birthday sentiment.  I used Midnight Ink to stamp my sentiment and Piggy Bank Ink on the white edges.  The only other touches I gave my card were some dots of paint and a few sequins.  It became very obvious to me that I'll be needing more Reverse Confetti products if I'm gonna continue to play along in their fun challenges.
Thanks so much for stopping by to take a peek at my little painted card.  I sure had fun making it, and I sure do enjoy painting.  I've been trying to incorporate different painting mediums in my projects lately, and I'm learning a lot as I go.  The big bold sentiments in the Sentiment Essentials Stamp Set stand out so nicely against my background (despite the bumps and lumps, of course).
I'm so grateful for all the great tutorials shared on the Reverse Confetti Blog, and on their YouTube channel, etc.  I'm also quite smitten with the work of Jeanne Jachna from the RC DT...she inspires me all the time.  There's no shortage of inspiration, let's just say.  At least I'm trying a few new things, and for me.....that's progress.

Have a blessed day!
Karen
I'm entering my card in the Reverse Confetti May Stock Stash Challenge - As described above in more detail, I used a Retired Cover Panel and Sentiment Essentials Stamp Set along with various Reverse Confetti Inks.

3 comments:

  1. WOW Karen, this is such a wonderful and dramatic card - loving how you painted the 'chips' and re-inserted them, and then kept it clean and uncluttered. A stunning card
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this Karen! Bold beautiful colored stripes that look like a party going on with the sequin confetti and dots! Smiling here at your kind words. Big hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Très moderne et original, biz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.