Friday, November 6, 2020

Coffee Lovers Blog Hop Day 1

Hello, crafters and COFFEE lovers!  Welcome by my blog today as we all begin Day 1 of the Coffee Loving Cardmakers Blog Hop.  Today I'm sharing a project on behalf of one of my Design Teams and a Super Sponsor of this FUN event, Paper Sweeties.  There are LOTS of great coffee themed sets at Paper Sweeties.  YOU could win one of these sweet coffee stamp sets by playing along.  The card I'm sharing with you today features some of them.

I used cream cardstock and a Christmas plaid patterned paper to create my card base, and I machine stitched them together.  Next, I used the Keep Calm and Drink Coffee Sweet Cuts and I cut my coffee cup from a piece of woodgrain patterned paper and I inked the edges with the Mud Pie Ink Pad and stamped it with the word BLESSED using the Blessed Stamp Set.

For the "steam", I used the Sweet Borders Sweet Cuts and cut the squiggly border from green paper.  I used the Basket Add-Ons: Thinking Of You Sweet Cuts to cut my sign, and onto that I stamped #coffee using the Tackle Life One Cup At A Time Stamp Set.

I stamped three pretty holly and ivy images using the Meet Me Under The Mistletoe Stamp Set, colored them with my Copics, and cut them with the Meet Me Under The Mistletoe Sweet Cuts.  I attached them with 3-D foam tape.  The background is painted with taupe watercolor, and I splattered a bit of brown and red paint here and there.  That's about it.
Of course, I couldn't resist also sharing a tag today.  It was all Kim Heggins' fault (or at least that's my story, and I'm sticking to it...lol).  Kim shared a darling "coffee themed" tag on Day 4, and that opened the window for me to share some coffee themed Christmas tags.  I used the For You Sweet Cuts for the tag, the Meet Me Under The Mistletoe Stamp Set and Sweet Cuts, and Coffee Yes Please Stamp Set and Sweeet Cuts for the mug.

Be sure to check out ALL the fabulous cards and inspiration on the Paper Sweeties Blog.  You just might the perfect new coffee themed stamps and dies you're looking for at this DELICIOUS time of year.  Thanks for stopping by, everyone.  Happy coffee time and crafting.

Blessings,
Karen

Of course.....I'm linking up here:
Coffee Loving Cardmakers Fall/Winter Blog Hop - I used Sponsor/Super Sponsor Paper Sweeties products on my sweet coffee card. (tag linked from Instagram)

25 Days of Christmas Tags - As explained (or blamed....lol) above, I was inspired by Kim Heggins on Day 4 with her darling little coffee themed Christmas tag.  Thanks for that, Kim.  Hugs!

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful card Karen - love the colours you have incorporated
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really gorgeous & very homely looking.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, I love those colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Karen!
    Really enjoying taking part in 25 Days of Christmas Tags
    So much inspiration!
    Susan Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colors/papers and dies. Great design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant card and matching tag. They have such a cozy look. Fabulous tag. Love the jaunty angled stripes. Thanks so much for playing along at the 25 Days of Christmas Tags.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this tag is so amazing! I really love the country rustic style of it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card, Karen. The rustic style is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.