Monday, March 22, 2021

Warm Wishes From Really Reasonable Ribbon

Welcome by my blog, everyone, and thanks for stopping by to say hello and to take a peek at what I've been creating.  Today I'm sharing a super sweet little project I put together using a few of the (many) wonderful products from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  This little thread-shaped tag/card will go on top of a gift.  I always know that, no matter what the project, Really Reasonable Ribbon will always have the perfect trims and adornments I need.
I started with a cardboard die cut thread spool shape, and I used a milky white acrylic paint for the base.  I inked the edges with some Burlap and Green Cut Grass Tim Holtz Oxide Inks.  I used some Spun Sugar Tim Holtz Oxide Ink to stencil some circles onto the background, and I dotted on a few pops of color here and there using pink and mint acrylic paints.  I did the same inking and stenciling on the miniature tag.
The spool image I stamped is Vintage Thread 2 from Inspired By Stamping, and the mini tag stamp is from PTI.  I wrapped a length of lovely Ivory Crochet Lace around the spool card.  There are many beautiful varieties of Crochet Lace in the RRR store in both ivory and white.  I used a Miniature Rusty Pear-Shaped Safety Pin from the Embellishments section to hang my tiny tag.
Finally, I added a few Miniature Double Head Stamens, some bundled Ivory Burlap String, and from our extensive Mulberry Flower category.....a White Sweetheart Blossom and two Pink Apple Blossoms.  I also used some Scor-Tape from the Adhesives section to secure the wrapped Ivory Crochet Lace.  Before I sign off, I'd also like to share this quick card with you using some fun Doodlebug patterned papers and embellishments.
I used white cardstock and inked the edges, added a few (4) different Doodlebug patterned papers that I machine stitched in light pink, and a Doodlebug acrylic ice cream cone 3-D acrylic sticker.  The sentiment is from Paper Sweeties, and was stamped onto a small die-cut doily using another patterned paper. The finishing touch to this simple card was a bow tied with Paradise Aqua Seam Binding and White Seam Binding.  Like I said, very simple.
We're so grateful that you stopped by today, and hope that you'll visit often for lots of great inspiration and so much more.  Below, you'll see the challenges where I'm sharing these projects.  Please visit again soon.

Blessings,
Karen

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says "Use 2 or More Patterned Papers" - I used FOUR fun Doodlebug patterned papers on my card (second project shown above).



2 comments:

  1. I L-O-V-E your spool of lace and the sweet birthday card. You are such an excellent creator of all things. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  2. your spool is adorable i love it., and your card is beautiful too.
    blessings to you Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.