Friday, February 4, 2022

Trying Some Colorful Options

Hello, friends!  Well, as most of you already know about me....I'm part of few different challenge blog Design Teams.  I love a good challenge as much as the next crafter, and I'm always excited when I find another good one.  Such is the case today because my sweet and talented crafty friend, Darlene, turned me on to yet another fun challenge blog called Colorful Options.  When I saw the gorgeous inspiration photo (below), I just knew that I had to play along in this one.
I used some black, red and white cardstocks and I stamped a striped background in red using a SNSS Grunge Stamp onto the white cardstock to create my background.  I use a leftover snippet of the black cardstock and ran it across the bottom of my card where there was a stamping error to hide.  I also ran some cute gingham hearts across my card.  They're actually ribbons that are stickers, and they come from Swoon Party Shop.  I also cut up some of the extra individual hearts (because the piece I cut was longer than what I needed) and I placed them here and there atop some wool felt hearts I also cut.
I die-cut some hearts from the cardstocks using PTI dies.  I stamped, colored, and die-cut the cute cupcake which is from Paper Sweeties along with the stamped sentiment and the Sweet Cuts Border Dies where I stamped the sentiment.  I tied some Black Licorice Baker's Twine around my card and tied it into a sweet bow.  As I mentioned, this card was inspired by the Colorful Options inspiration photo that you'll find below.  I hope that you will play along in some fun challenges this week, and best of luck in doing so.

Blessings,
Karen

Here are the challenges I mentioned: 

Colorful Options: A Card & Craft Challenge: February 2022 - Inspiration Photo (below) Rosey Red - I was drawn to the red, but also to the black and darkness, the hearts on the straws, and the textures.  I LOVE this inspiration photo.

Double D Challenge Blog - HEARTS💓Challenge - I enjoyed using LOTS of hearts - The red and white gingham is SO cute, I couldn't resist using some of it.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog - Simon Says "WITH LOVE" 

Art Impressions Blog: Challenge #320 We 💓HEARTS - I loved using LOTS of hearts💔on this card

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! All the layers and textures. What a delight! Thank you very much for sharing with us at the Colorful Options Challenge. We hope to see you again in the future. Cheers, Makira CO DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, love all the elements and textures you've added, beautiful, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Karen, love love all your pretty details! Thank you so much for joining our challenge at Double D and Colorful Options!
    Diane DD DT and CO DT {Nellies Nest}
    {Double D}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Karen this is absolutely awesome! LOVE all the various elements and they have all come together to make one outstanding creation! Well done!!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Hearts’ & the Colorful Options challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    COLORFUL OPTIONS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    P.S. Thanks for your kind words! Isn't it wonderful how we can inspire each other! I just love my crafting friends/world! Happy Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning card Karen - those gingham ribbon hearts are perfect wee accents.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous design, I adore that background! Yummy cupcake and sweet, sweet hearts. This card has it all! LOVE!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Hearts Challenge. Donna, DT Member.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.