Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Easter Blessings at The Card Concept

Hello there, friends.  It's always a great day when you stop by to see what I've been creating.  It makes me smile whenever I hear that something I created has inspired someone.  All of YOU inspire me SO much, and I enjoy popping around to your blogs.  That's probably my most favorite thing about blogging.  I've learned so much from visiting others and learning from them.  Well, The Card Concept has a FUN new challenge with a beautiful inspiration photo, and I hope you'll stop by to join the challenge.  What inspires you when you look at this photo?
Believe it or not, the first thing that inspired me was that one little lonely carrot.  I just knew that I wanted to use carrots on my card.  The color combination (blue, orange, green and grey) also caught my attention and I really wanted to try my best to utilize those specific colors.  I started with a grey cardstock base and added a piece of basic white cardstock and then an orange polka dot patterned paper (JilliBean Soup).
I used a second piece of white cardstock and a Taylored Expressions Frame Die to cut the cute frame.  Next, I used a Paper Sweeties Border Die and some corrugated cardboard to create the border you see.  I did some machine stitching in black, and then wrapped a length of Blueberry Baker's Twine around my card.
The bunny (backside of bunny) was created using various oval dies and some bunny ears from the Just a Note set from Paper Sweeties. I placed my carrots randomly here and there about my card.  You know...a bunny can NEVER get enough carrots.  The sentiment is from Paper Sweeties Hoppy Easter Stamp Set.  Be sure to visit me April 14-16 to learn more about the new Easter products being released.  You won't want to miss that.
There's just a touch of watercolor on the card that I did with Fog Grey Ink.  This was done to create the messy feel of the garden, and the bunny is digging in the garden for his carrots.  I added a Tim Holtz miniature rusty paper clip (upper right) and a few shiny white sequins.   I think that about it; but I'm more than happy to answer any questions you might have about my card or the supplies I used.  I really do hope that you'll stop by The Card Concept Challenge Blog to play along with us.  It's always more fun when everyone joins the challenge.  Thanks again for visiting me, friends.


I'm playing along here:
Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge Blog - Simon Says "Anything Goes"

Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge Blog - Simon Says "Recycle" so instead of throwing away the cottonball on my craft table that I'd used for something else, I cut off a small piece and added it to the bunny's tail.  I also used cardboard packaging to create my scalloped borders.

Allsorts Challenge Blog - IN THE GARDEN

Blessings,
Karen

10 comments:

  1. What a fun perspective on this colourful card Karen
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen: Your card is so cute, I love the Bunny and carrot's. it is adorable.
    Blessings
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable card! I love your little bunny and how he's digging for his carrots. So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So colourful and such fun, many thanks for joining us 'In the Garden' at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo cute, your Bunny carrot card is, fun and pretty, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute card! Where are those sweet carrots from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris! (I hope you see this message) To be completely honest, I wasn't really supposed to use this carrrot yet as it hasn't been released. If you stop back by my blog on April 14, you'll learn all about it. The bigger carrots were hand drawn and hand cut. Thanks for asking and for your kind comment(s).

      Delete
  7. Lots of fun details on this gorgeous card. Thank you for entering our challenge at Allsorts this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  8. What wonderful textures and dimension you created on this very fun card! I love the stitching, cardboard border, twine, and of course that cute bunny tail! Thank you for sharing with the In the Garden challenge at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! More mixed media details to discover in this different take on an Easter card! Fabulous! Love the stitching, scalloped cardboard, inking, and so many other of your different techniques and textures!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.