Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Love My Tapes - Jelly Bean Time

Hurray! The long-awaited excitement (at least for me) finally begins as this is my very first blog post as a DT Member at Love My Tapes. Let me say..... I really DO LOVE MY TAPES and I've been having SO much fun creating with them. I wanted to think of some creative ways to use my new washi tapes, and with Easter just around the corner and my grandbabies coming to visit; I decided that it's Jelly Bean Time.   AND.....Check out this FABULOUS news:  💎 Coupon INSTA20 20% off Orders over $10

My grandchildren happen to LOVE jellybeans (as do I), so I thought these cute little tags would be perfect for their Easter baskets.  I like buying them the tutti frutti/bubblegum Jelly Bellies so that I can snitch a bunch of them (just being honest).   As you'll see in the photo below, I used the Black Lines Washi Tape to create the background of the tag.  I did this by covering the paper with the washi tape and lining up each piece so that the lines matched.  Then, I cut the tag with a die-cut.
Once I'd cut the tag, I laid pieces of both the adorable Ruler Washi Tape and the gorgeous Gold Foil Floral Washi Tape across the tag. I wish you could see the gorgeous gold glimmer on this Gold Foil Floral Washi Tape and several of the washi tapes from Love My Tapes. They really have it ALL and then some when it comes to wonderful washi.
So, as I mentioned, the base of the tag uses the Black Lined Washi Tape as do the cute little bunny ears of the bunny. I cut his face using another small oval die-cut by placing a bit more of the cute Ruler Washi Tape onto white paper and then cutting it. I did some machine stitching and I added some black thread for his whiskers, some vintage googly eyes, and a small snippet of pink felt topped with a few floral prills for his nose.
I'd LOVE to hear what you think of my very first washi tape project for Love My Tapes.  I just know that if you head over to Love My Tapes, you're sure to find something you love.  There are literally hundreds of different wonderful washi tapes from which to choose.  They also carry many lovely stickers for Day Planners, Bible Journalling, etc.  Thanks so much for stopping by to take a peek.

I'm sharing my JELLYBEAN tag here in these fun challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog - Simon Says "Food or Drink" - I used a cute JELLLYBEAN sentiment and used a jellybean die-cut to create my bunny face.


Little Red Wagon - Challenge #645 - Make It With Washi - As described above in detail, my tag was made COMPLETELY from washi tape....pretty much everything.

Blessings,
karen

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new DT spot Karen - and a wonderful project - what a super sweet tag!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, the tape, the bunny and the stitching pulls this all together so pretty, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tag turned out grand Karen Nice idea of lining the cardstock first with Washi then cutting! A very sweet decorated tag - bring on those Jelly Beans! Black and Orange are my favorite - but then I do like those assorted type you can mix and eat -[well I have to say I miss them since I gave up on sugar!] Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen: what a cute tag love the bunny and flowers.
    have a blessed week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen I love the washi taps you used they are really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First, congratulations! Second, I'll be visiting more regularly for washi inspiration and third, I love your tags. That bunny is not only adorable, it's brilliant! Thanks so much for joining us over at Little Red Wagon this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.