Monday, May 9, 2022

For an A+ Teacher w/Love My Tapes

Thanks for stopping by today, creative friends!  I'm always so grateful to have you visit me, and it's a blessing to hear your thoughts about my cards/projects.  I've been SO busy lately that I haven't had much time to blog hop and visit you all; but I'll get there again soon - I promise.  You all inspire me SO much and I hope these FUN projects inspire you to grab some WASHI TAPE and try something new.  Love My Tapes has hundreds of amazing rolls of WASHI TAPE to help you spark your creative mojo.
I used some of my much-coveted (and now vintage) products from October Afternoon.  As I opened these bins, I could literally smell the old October Afternoon Warehouse that I visited every year for the annual sale where I stocked up on these adorable products that I now hoard (somewhat).  I pieced together several different OA patterned papers and machine stitched them together to create my card base.
I used strips of Notepad Washi Tape and placed them on yellow cardstock to create a background (create your own patterned paper, I guess).  Using some flag die-cuts from Frantic Stamper, I cut the flags that you see on my card and I used lots of different OA stickers here and there (including on the flags cut with the Notepad Washi Tape.  The chipboard (date) piece and sticker underneath it are also from October Afternoon.
Next, I used more of the Notepad Washi Tape and created more of my "patterned paper" by cutting it into strips that I laid on yellow cardstock.  Once I had a big enough section of it, I used a PTI Memo Die to cut the matching tag I created.  This tag will be tucked inside the card before it's given to the fantastic teacher who receives it.
Once I'd cut this cute Notepad Washi Tape tag, I added several October Afternoon stickers.  I tied the top of the tag with Solid Black Baker's twine which was a great accent against the yellow Washi Tape background.  The smaller banner/flag is also cut using the Notepad Washi Tape.  I just LOVE finding fun and creative new ways to use the wonderful washi tape from Love My Tapes.  I hope you'll stop by Love My Tapes to browse the hundreds of different washi tape varieties as well as the amazing stickers they carry.  You just might be surprised at what catches your creative eye. 

Thanks so much for visiting me and have a blessed week.
Karen💗

1 comment:

  1. Amazing use of the washi tape Karen, and a very colourful card and tag as a result
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.