Monday, August 1, 2022

Love My Tapes Washi Card

Welcome by again, friends.  Thanks for stopping by my blog today as I share a FUN card using washi tape from the wonderful store Love My Tapes.  They carry SO many amazing and unique rolls of colorful washi tape with different designs and patterns.  It's a lot of fun to get creative with washi tape, and there are so many great ways to use it.  I sure enjoy creating with the washi tapes from Love My Tapes.
This card started with a piece of basic white cardstock that I pressure embossed using the Antique Linen Embossing Folder from Altenew.  Next, I used another piece of basic white cardstock and I laid washi tapes across my card at an angle to create my background.  As I laid each piece, I let the excess washi tape hang over the edges.  Once all the pieces were laid in place, I used my scissors to gently trim the excess washi tape from around the edges of my cardstock.
I used a set of heart-shaped dies from Papertrey Ink to die-cut the heart in the center of my washi tape covered paper.  In the empty space of the heart, I stamped the word LOVE using a stamp from Paper Sweeties.  I took that cut out heart piece (the cut negative piece) and I used it along with a piece of Black Grid Washi Tape to decorate my coordinating envelope.
The Love My Tapes washi tapes I used to create my FUN background include Gold Foil Rose Washi Tape, Watercolor Small Flower Washi, and various Checkered Washi Tape.  There are SO many super cool designs of washi tape as well as cute journalling stickers at Love My Tapes.  You'll have loads of FUN using these amazing washi tapes.  Happy crafting!

I'll be sharing my card here in these fun challenges I love:


Can You Handle The Pressure - Anything Goes/At The Beach - The bottom piece of white cardstock (the card base) was pressure embossed using the Antique Linen Embossing Folder from Altenew.


Blessings to you,
Karen

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Karen and what a wonderful way to use the beautiful washi!! So inspiring! Thank you for joining our fun at Can You Handle The Pressure!
    Diane CYHTP Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Can You Handle The Pressure}

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a Gorgeous card you did such an amazing job with the washi tape. it is just beautiful
    Blessings
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous card, Karen. I love the way you used the washi and the various colors and designs that you combine to make your diagonal pattern. Thank you so much for playing with us at Can You Handle The Pressure?.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.