Monday, August 29, 2022

What's Up Chickie? w/Love My Tapes

Welcome by today, everyone.  This is a FUN card I made for Love My Tapes.  I've been having so much fun finding new and creative ways to use Washi Tape.  For today's card, I decided to demonstrate how super easy it is to incorporate washi tape.  It's a great way to fill in extra space that just looks "too plain" on your card.  Washi Tape is flat so that it doesn't add any extra bulk to your cards and projects, but it still gives your cards some great texture, color and design.
I used black cardstock, yellow cardstock and white cardstock for my card base.  I completely inked the white cardstock using Tim Holtz Oxide Inks in Raspberry, Spun Sugar and Lemonade.  I ran one length of Black Grid Washi Tape down the right-hand side of my card underneath the inked piece, and then a few more small pieces of the Black Grid Washi Tape here and there.
The stamped sentiment (What's up chickie?) is from Paper Sweeties.  The cute flamingo die-cut is by Tim Holtz (thank you, Dottie).  A few sequins were the finishing touch, but the washi tape really POPS.  You will find so many great WASHI TAPE designs at Love My Tapes.  Be sure to check it out, and our Instagram page for more inspiration.

I'm playing along here:
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog - Make Your Own Background - So I made my distressed background by rubbing Tim Holtz Oxide Inks (Lemonade, Spun Sugar and Raspberries) and adding some Washi Tape.

Blessings,
Karen

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous background you have created for you flamingo Karen - and I love how you have used the washi on it! 'What's up Chickie' is an expression my son uses to his sister, so I love that as a sentiment
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.