Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Seasons of Change w/The Card Concept

Welcome by today, everyone.  Today is an exciting day at The Card Concept Challenge Blog because we're resuming our challenges (after a short Summer break) with a FUN new theme.  This time, there's a beautiful inspiration photo that celebrates the change of seasons, and changes in life's seasons.  You can allow this to inspire you in any way it speaks to you.  I was drawn to the butterfly and the pretty colors.
I used black cardstock and then some off-white watercolor paper to create a background with oxide inks.  I made some homemade Gesso using this recipe I found on Shaw Craft's YouTube Channel.  I used that, more Tim Holtz Oxide Ink, and a Funky Fossil stencil to finish my background.  Small pieces of 3-D foam tape raise up the second layer of watercolor paper with the Gesso on it.  I added a few sequins to my card, and that was about it.
It was fun and easy making the Homemade Gesso and I like the texture it gave my card.  I tend to be a real "creature of habit"; so in spirit with this "season of change" theme; I thought it would be a good idea to step outside of my normal comfort zone and try something new.  That's why we call it a challenge, right?  I kept everything else pretty simple.  The stamps (butterfly and sentiment) and the butterfly die-cut are from Brutus Monroe.
I do hope you'll stop by The Card Concept to play along with us.  We can't wait to see how the beautiful inspiration photo inspires you.  We're always so blown away by your amazing creations.  I look forward to visiting your blog to see your sweet creations.  Happy crafting, and thanks again for stopping by to say hello.

I'm playing along in these fun challenges:


Blessings,
Karen

3 comments:

  1. Stunning butterfly and background! The homemade Gesso looks fabulous - I will have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the gesso background on this beautiful butterfly card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun background and beautiful card, Karen! Love the homemade gesso- I will have to try that now :-) So excited to be back designing with you and the rest of the team. Hugs and I hope you have a blessed week, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.