Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Come Play Along at The Card Concept

Hello, creative friends.  It's time for a fun new challenge over at The Card Concept.  This time, you can choose from either a Fall/Thanksgiving theme OR a Christmas theme.  The choice is yours, and the creative possibilities are endless. Here are the two inspiration photos.
You can choose either theme and create a card inspired by whichever and whatever inspires you.  I chose to use the Christmas theme photo - #184b.  Just let us know what part of the photo spoke to your creativity when making your card.  I used basic black cardstock and then a piece of white watercolor paper that I inked up with Tim Holtz Oxide Inks.
I stamped several images on the background using stamps from Paper Sweeties and Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps.  I also used a SNSS Stencil called Paint Splatters on the background.  After I'd inked, stamped and stenciled the background; I ran it through my machine with a Swiss Dots Embossing Folder to give it even more texture.I glittered the roof and chimney just a bit.  The little round sentiment is from Paper Sweeties (retired).  I also added a length of Black Seam Binding and tied a bow with it.  I just like ribbons.  What can I say?  Textures, colors, and LOTS of extras can almost always be found on my cards.  It's my downfall, but I just can't resist.
I really do hope that you'll come play along with us at The Card Concept.  We always enjoy seeing your wonderful creativity and it's just more fun when you are able to join us.  I'll be sharing my card in the challenges listed below.  Thanks again for visiting me.

Can You Handle The Pressure - Anything Goes w/Twist: Wreaths - I used a Swiss Dots Embossing Folder on the inked background layer because I thought it looked a bit like falling snow.  I have a wreath on the house and a wreath on the tag.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says "Stencil It" - As I mentioned above, I used a Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Stencil called Paint Splatters on the background.

Happy crafting, everyone
Karen

3 comments:

  1. OMG this is just awesome Karen! I new a 'new home' card for a gift around Christmas ... your design has inspired me ... thanks! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Can You Handle the Pressure challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

    Darlene
    Can You Handle the Pressure
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great card from the inspiration photo Karen - love the texture you have added
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is so much color and texture, sparkle and delightful detail in this wonderful card, Karen. Thanks so much for playing with us at Can You Handle The Pressure?.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.