Monday, November 7, 2022

Merry & Bright w/Really Reasonable Ribbon

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. Well..... not necessarily here where I live in the desert; but definitely up in the Northern states. In fact, we haven't even turned on the heat in our house yet. The temps remain high enough during the daytime hours that we're still ok with just our sweatpants and an extra blanket at night. But that doesn't mean we can't start celebrating Christmas. Right?
There are so many great Christmas products out there in the craft world. Lots of great stamps, dies and goodies to help us create beautiful cards and projects. But.... the trims!! YES, the trims. You can't miss out on all the GORGEOUS ribbons, trims, laces, twines and Embellishments from Really Reasonable Ribbon. They're the best. The snowflake in the upper right corner has a White Flatback Pearl in its center.
I used basic black and red cardstocks for the base, and a Carta Bella patterned paper. I cut the frame using corrugated cardboard and white watercolor paper with a frame die from Taylored Expressions. I stencilled the diagonal stripes using a stencil from Pinkfresh. Those delicious cookies were cut using a die set from The Greetery, and the sentiment is from Stamp Simply. But like I mentioned, the trims.... YES!  RRR always has the perfect touches.
I ran a length of Olive Wrinkle Ribbon across my card and tied a bow with that and a piece of Black Seam Binding. I also added a bow tied with Solid Red Baker's Twine and I tucked in a few Milk White Double Head Stamens. The little holly berries and ivy were cut from wool felt using a Paper Sweeties die. The thing I love most about Really Reasonable Ribbon is that I know I can ALWAYS find the perfect color, width, texture and style of trim for every project. They really have it ALL. I hope you'll stop by the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog for lots of great inspiration. Thanks again for visiting me today.

I'm sharing my card here:

Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog - November: Anything Goes - I love to play along here, but this is my third and final entry for the month.

Stencil Fun - November Challenge: Optional Twist of Fall Colors - And I'm glad it's only "optional" because this is definitely a Christmas card.  LOL

Allsorts Challenge Blog - Week #701 - Sparkle and Shine - I used GLITTER in my cookies for the sparkle.

Blessings,
Karen

12 comments:

  1. This is such a joyous and eatable card, LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely beautiful card love the felt, and cardboard, the cookies and snow flake are just so wonderful great card . lots of inspiration.
    Blessings
    Hugs
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely mixed media creation for our Sparkle and Shine theme at Allsorts challenge, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome and beautiful card, and those cookies, well YUM, they look good enough to eat and make me want to bake!! We have our heat on here in Michigan, though it is to be n the 70's on Wednesday and lake effect snow on the weekend!! Take care my friend and thank you for joining us at Stencil Fun!
    Diane SF Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Stencil Fun}

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beyond, WOW, gorgeous card and so much to look at for elements, beautiful, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful details and fabulous color combo for Christmas! Thank you so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing, the cookies look edible. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW what a GORGEOUS creation Karen! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

    Darlene
    PEACE ON EARTH
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    PS ... thanks for sharing this beauty with us over on our Stencil Fun challenge also ... wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card and the cookies look so real - yum! Thanks for joining our Sparkle and Shine theme at Allsorts challenge this week.
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts this Sparkle week;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those cookies - I've never seen those dies before but I really like them and you made them look so realistic! Great layering of background papers, frame, and ribbon! Thank you so much for joining us at the Peace on Earth challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love the 3D look of your project! It looks gorgeous!
    Here in Poland we already have snow. :(

    Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
    ~ DT Dagmara

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.