Thursday, August 17, 2023

Sunflowers and Summer

I know that Autumn is creeping in on us soon.  But.....it's still really HOT here in the desert of the Las Vegas valley, so I'm still very much enjoying Summer.  The A/C is running 24/7 and outside activities are limited to pool time and only what must be done in the yard.  Yikes!  I'm definitely ready for some cooler temps here soon.  How about you?  This card combines Summer and Autumn in a beautiful way.
My card for today starts with a black cardstock base that I covered with patterned papers, a die-cut border, and some Ivory Crochet Lace.  The pretty patterned papers pull all the oranges and yellows that I used to color the pretty florals.  The florals and sentiment are stamps from Stamp Simply Clear Stamps.  I also used a Tim Holtz tree stencil on the sentiment piece, and I pressure embossed it with the Lumber Embossing Folder.  Those quick techniques add so much texture to the card.
I added a piece of knotted tan baker's twine to the flowers.  That's just another layer of texture and personality, right?  I also used a bit of my (now cherished) vintage scotch tape.  I just love that, too.  I'm sharing my card in a few FUN challenges that I love, and I hope you're playing along in some fun challenges this week as well.
I'd love to hear your thoughts on this card.  The challenges are listed and linked below where I'm playing along with this sweet Summer/Fall card.  Happy crafting, everyone.  I look forward to seeing what you're making this week.

Here's where I'm playing along:

Dar & Diane's Double D Challenge Blog - Sunflowers - I was completely inspired by this challenge where I chose to make this card.

Can You Handle the Pressure Challenge Blog - Anything Goes/Optional Twist: Stripes - I used a Tim Holtz Lumber Embossing Folder on this card.


Simon Says Stamp  Monday Challenge - Simon Says "Use Your Favorite Technique" - I used a stencil and an embossing folder as my "favorite techniques" on this card.

Colorful Options - August: Green/Yellow - See Inspiration Photo - I did use some yellow and green on this card as well; just less of it.  lol

TIME OUT Challenge Blog - Challenge #245 - Colorful - I used lots of great Autumn colors on my card.
Blessings,
Karen


11 comments:

  1. LOVELY FALL CARD , BUT YOU DIDN'T POST THE NAME OF THE STAMPS FROM STAMP SIMPLY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Dottie. This wonderful floral from Stamp Simply actually is linked in my post. I didn't mention the name of this set because I was trying to make it look like a sunflower. LOL

      Delete
  2. Wonderful sunny card Karen - love all the added texture you have incorporated
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very earthy feeling to the card. Reminds me of the farm. Beautiful.

    Hugs and Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beautiful card, love the papers and the sunny sunflowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful floral card Karen!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure, Double D and Stencil Fun!
    Diane CYHTP DD SF Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Can You Handle The Pressure}
    {Triple B}
    {Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is bringing sunshine! It's lovely with these beautiful flowers.
    Lia DT CYHTP

    ReplyDelete
  7. You managed to make this card and capture the fall and summer look. I adore that you used the stencil on the design paper. Wonderful job and I am so happy that you linked up to us at Double D Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Karen this is so, so pretty! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D, Stencil Fun & CYHTP challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Such a beautiful card with lots of gorgeous colour pops! Thanks for joining us at Time Out Challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to see a page that is colourful and has a vintage feel at the same time! Looks beautiful! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.