Monday, September 4, 2023

Honoring Those Who Serve w/Stamp Simply

When it comes to celebrating those who serve, which we're doing this week at Stamp Simply Clear Stamps; my mind always goes directly to my Dad.  Growing up hearing "Col. Bischoff" over and over again as we walked around the Air Force Base(s), I knew he was a man who commanded respect from most everyone.  Needless to say, all of us kids also grew up with the utmost respect for him.  I think that's true even more so now that we're all adults.  As we reflect on 9/11, our thoughts should go to those who serve, and have served, our great country.
I used black cardstock and a piece of patriotic patterned paper from the Carta Bella Fourth of July 6x6 Paper Pad.  I added another piece of white cardstock that I inked to create a colorful background.  The images I stamped are found, respectively, in the American Eagle Stamp Set and the Red, White & Blue Flag Stamp Set.  I also used the Old Glory Stamp Set & Dies to stamp and cut the United States image that I used on the matching envelope.
It's always fun creating a messy background with oxide inks.  It also helps create a beautiful backdrop for sharing gorgeous stamped images like these.  I just love all the details in the stamps for the Eagle, Flag and United States images.  They were colored using Copic markers.  It's also fun and easy to create a matching envelope for your set when using the fantastic stamps from Stamp Simply.  The sentiment is also found in the American Eagle Stamp Set.
If you're looking for some fantastic inspiration during the week, be sure to stop by the Stamp Simply Blog.  You can always find great new ways to use the stamps, dies and products from Stamp Simply and you're always sure to be the first to learn of special sales and promotions taking place at Stamp Simply.  You won't want to miss any of the inspiration or special savings and discounts.
What I really love about Stamp Simply is that their stamp sets are amazing on their own, and when combined with other sets from Stamp Simply.  While each set is amazing, in and of itself, you can always find a complementary set to make it go even farther with your creativity.  Which sets are calling your name this week?  Go ahead and treat yourself.  Thanks so much for visiting me today.  I'm always over the moon when you visit me and leave me your thoughts.  I do hope you'll visit Stamp Simply to do some shopping (or at least browsing, right?) and by the Stamp Simply Blog for more inspiration.

I'm playing along here:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says "Anything Goes"

Happy crafting, everyone.

Blessings,
Karen


4 comments:

  1. very cool coloring and I just love the background you did with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous I love that stamp and Die set . you always make this set stand out. Have a Happy Labor Day
    Hugs
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card, beautiful coloring and great background. Nice tribute to your dad also.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.