Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Christmas Blessings

All of us at The Card Concept Challenge Blog wish you and your loved ones the sweetest of Christmas Blessings, and that's what my Clean & Layered card for this challenge is all about.  When I saw this pretty inspiration photo, I was drawn to the traditional Christmas colors, the Christmas trees and the snowflakes.  Those were the elements I wanted to incorporate into my card.
I used black cardstock, cream cardstock and some pretty patterned papers that I machine stitched together.  I cut the top two layers using my Crimped Frames Dies from The Greetery, and on the top (cream) layer, I stencilled the pretty snowflakes in a light layer of Hickory Smoke Ink to make my background stand out a bit.  The pretty Christmas tree can be found in the O Christmas Tree Stamp/Die from Stamp Simply.  I added some tiny foam balls to the tree to "decorate" the tree a bit.
The sentiment strip was cut using the Fishtail Banner Dies from Stamp Simply, and the sentiment is found in Stamp Simply's sweet Angels Among Us Stamp Set.  The cute little berry sprig next to the sentiment is from their Christmas Blessings Stamp Set.  As you can see, my card is fairly simple and it doesn't necessarily match the inspiration photo literally.  That's because we'd love to see whatever you're inspired to create.  We always enjoy seeing your amazing cards linked up with us at The Card Concept.
I'm so grateful that you've stopped by to visit me today, and I would absolutely love to hear your thoughts on my card.  Whatever speaks to your creativity from this inspiration photo is going to result in something amazing, I'm sure.  We all look forward to seeing your creations.  Have a blessed week, friends.
I'm playing along here:

Stencil Fun Challenge Blog - December Challenge: Christmas - I used an Echo Park snowflake stencil behind my Christmas tree

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Simon Says "Use Dies in December" so I used a Christmas tree die and a banner die from Stamp Simply

Blessings,
Karen

3 comments:

  1. A beautiful holiday card Karen and love the machine stitching, something I haven't done for quite some time, thanks for the reminder!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
    Diane SF Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Stencil Fun}

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty detail on the tree, and like how you decorated it, the stitching of the pretty papers is a great touch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.