Thursday, February 1, 2024

Bubbles Say I Love You

One of the (many) things our oldest Granddaughter, Taylee, loves to do with me is blow bubbles.  So when I saw this fun bubbles die-cut, I just couldn't resist it.  How fun, right?  In fact, I had a lot of fun making this card with her in mind the entire time.  I picked some old patterned papers from Crate Paper in some of her favorite pastels, and I got to work.
I used shiny gold paper for the bubble bottle caps and the bubble wands.  I added some sequins to the paper along with some sweet little clay star pieces from Twiddler's Nook.  How adorable are these sweet  little pieces?  I used some coffee bean pieces from Twiddler's Nook the other day if you missed that.  They're super cute, too.
I just LOVE these soft sweet colors, and I know that my sweet Taylee with love getting this card in the mail along with some new bubble-blowing toys I found for her at Home Goods the other day.  They have the cutest stuff there.  I find cute little trinkets for my Grandkids there fairly often.  And I can get a few things that I need (or want) as well.
Thank you so much for stopping my blog today.  I'm going to share my card in a few fun challenges that I love to play along in whenever I'm able.  It's nice to make a card now and then that isn't for a Design Team assignment, but just for one.  This is just one of those cards.  I hope my sweet Granddaughter enjoys it even half as much as I enjoyed making it for her.

Here's where I'm playing along:


TIME OUT Challenges - Challenge #256 - CASE Sarah Gray - I'm very familiar with the word C.A.S.E. a card.  When I first started crafting, I was a big scrapbooker, and I'd call it "Scraplifting" a layout when I'd "CASE" a layout.  I always give credit to those who inspire me.  Sarah's lovely card inspired me with her fabulous colors of teal, pink and gold, the textures and splattery randomness of her card.  Love it.  Funky Fossil Designs is a FABULOUS company and I own and use several of Sarah's wonderful stencils.


Cut It Up Challenge Blog - Challenge #296 - This Makes Me Happy - Blowing bubbles makes me happy, making this card made me happy, and spending time with my granddaughter makes me happy.  Pretty much everything about this card says HAPPY.  Obviously, I used several die-cuts on this card (the bubble bottles, caps, wands, and the sweet, scalloped frame as well).

Happy crafting, everyone.  Blow some bubbles today and have fun.

Blessings,
Karen

12 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous card Karen - I am sure Taylee will love it, with the feminine pastel colours and bubble tools!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet! I love the heart bubble wand. Beautiful colors and the pop of gold is perfect. Thanks for sharing with the Double D, "Sparkle and/or Shine" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful! Your granddaughter is going to love this! I love the detail and the caps looks amazing! Oh, I love Home Goods! They have some neat things in that store! Thanks for sharing with us at Cut It Up! Have a wonderful Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun card for your granddaughter, Karen! Thanks for joining us at Time Out challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your granddaughter is going to be blown away by this sweet card. The bubbles in the jar are just inspirational. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet are those little bubble kit dies Karen! I just love them and the way you've put this card together. It is so much fun making cards with someone in mind isn't it because you do think about them the whole time! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet card for your granddaughter! She's going to love it! All those great stars and sequins are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very beautiful and such a sweet card for your Grand Daughter! Thanks for joining us at Time Out Challenges:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it, such an adorable card sure to bring a smile to your granddaughter's face! The colors and design are perfect.

    Thank you for joining us at Cut it Up for our Makes Me Happy challenge.

    Treva
    https://scrappint.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for joining our Cut it Up "This Makes Me Happy" challenge.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn (CIU owner)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beauitful card and a gift that will be played with a lot too, how wonderful. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a darling bubble blowing, sprinkled filled, memory making card!!!! I love those heart shaped wands!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.