Thursday, February 1, 2024

Warm Winter Wishes w/The Four Seasons

Hello, sweet blog friends.  Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today.  I'm sharing my inspiration card as a DT Member at The Four Seasons Challenge.  We always enjoy having you play along in these FUN seasonal challenges.  We're celebrating Winter again this month.  You can see the beautiful inspiration photo at the bottom of this post.  I hope it inspires you to play along with us this month.
My card uses black cardstock and patterned papers from the Carta Bella Winter Time 6x6 Paper Pad.  The patterned papers, journalling card, and coffee mug are all found in this sweet Paper Pad.  I used a pinecone die and some Vintage Photo Oxide Ink to create my pinecones.  I layered in some sweet holly berries using a Tim Holtz Thinlits Die Set and I covered them all in a light dusting of "snow" (crumbled styrofoam).
You can clearly see that my inspirations from the photo include the pinecones, the greens, the red berries, the coffee mug, and the snow.  Since this is still a Winter challenge, you can use anything Winter related or anything from the photo that speaks to your creativity.  It's always so much fun seeing how each person interprets the inspiration photo.  I hope you can see how I was inspired.
Have a blessed and creative week, everyone.  I'm so grateful to have you stop by my blog and I'd be over the moon if you'd take the time to leave me a quick comment.  I enjoy hearing what you think about my cards, and just hearing from y'all in general.  It's always a blessing.  I'll see you over at The Four Seasons.
How pretty, right?  What is calling you from this photo?  What supplies can you use to create something that reflects what you see?  Oooooooo.....I can't wait to see what you'll create.

I'm sharing my card here:


Color Throwdown Challenge #778 - Green, Blue and Kraft - I used lots of blue (obviously), touches of green in the branches, and the kraft in the pinecones.  It's a very nice color combination.

ABC Christmas Challenge - A is for Anything Goes & B is for Berries - I loved incorporating the red berries with my pinecones and greens (plus a cup of coffee).

Winter Wishes,
Karen


7 comments:

  1. A fabulous winter card Karen, those pinecones are great along with the red berries and the warm and cozy drink!! Beautifully designed my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many great details on your card and a beautiful color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW this is fabulous Karen! LOVE your overall design! The colors are perfect ... just AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! What a wonderful Christmas card. Love the lovely details. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. your card is so pretty, I don't know about you but I have had more than enough Cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your winter scene and all of those wonderful details and colors in your wonderful design.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.