Monday, May 20, 2024

Let's Art Journal

When I saw the new challenge theme over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog, I knew right away that I wanted to play along.  I've never won this challenge, but I still love to play along.  And since I haven't done an Art Journal page in quite some time, I thought it was a great idea.  This is what I created to share with you today.
I inked and painted my journal page using Fossilized Amber and Lemonade Tim Holtz Oxide Inks.  My attachment started with black cardstock.  Next. I used watercolor paper to rub with oxide inks, stamp with a Tim Holtz background image stamp, and then stencil with Lavendar ink-tinted Heavy Gesso.  I layered together the extra banner strip using 3-D foam tape.
There are a few Lemon floral prills on my card, some scraps of canvas material that I machine stitched, some little black sentiment stickers from my stash, a Prima metal butterfly clip, and I used some Making Memories white rub-ons and another sticker that are old stash items.
I don't always get to play along in this fun challenge, so I'm really excited to share this in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.  I hope to share it in a few challenges where it will qualify.  I had a lot of fun making this Art Journal page.  I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.  Have a wonderfully creative week, everyone.  Thanks again for your visit.


Stencil FUN Challenge - May: Anything Goes/Optional: Girly - I used a Tim Holtz stencil and heavy gesso on my background.

Creative Ariste Mixed Media Challenge - Challenge #104 - Anything Goes Mixed Media - I'm sharing my Art Journal page

The Inspiration Station Challenge - Challenge #61 - Photo Inspiration Prompt - I was immediately drawn to the colors - yellows, blues, and purples.

Dar and Diane's Double D Challenge Blog - Polka Dots - I used a stencil and heavy gesso to create my polka dots on this art journal page.

Blessings,
Karen

7 comments:

  1. Love the design and ink blending. Thank you for joining us at The Inspiration Station Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful journal page, I love the color palette and all the interesting things to look at. Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at The Inspiration Station Challenge, we look forward to seeing more from you soon.
    Donna xx
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty art journal page, Karen! Love the colors and all the little details in here. So much texture! Thank you so much for sharing your page with us at our Anything Mixed Media Goes challenge on Creative Artiste. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do envy you doing an art journal. I like the looks, but never seems to do it myself. This is inspiring and I really like the way that it looks. Nice colors too. Glad that you joined us at Double D Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderfully pretty art journal page. Gorgeous pastel colours, great layering and super textures.
    Thank you for joining in with our May challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful art journal page. Love the colour scheme and all of your beautiful details. Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.