Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Born To Fish w/Whimsy Stamps

Let's be very honest here.....I'm at not a fisherman.  Yes, I know how to put a worm on a hook properly, know how to troll for, catch and reel in a fish.  However, I am by NO means a true "fisherman" (or woman).  I know how to do it (praise God) and I'm grateful for the experiences.  While I'm not opposed to going fishing, it's just not something that I really want to go and do.  Whimsy Stamps is helping me create some fun fishing cards for the people in my life who DO love to fish.
I used black and blue cardstocks, a piece of vellum that I cut using an inside rectangle from the Scalloped Rectangle Dies.  I added some corrugated black cardboard, ribbon and twine.  I used the Born To Fish Stamp Set for the sentiments, fish , fish tail, and boat silhouette image.  I inked the rectangle with oxide inks and rubbed on a blue ink using the Puddles Stencil.
I just LOVE the amazing silhouette boat/fisherman images in the awesome Born To Fish Stamp Set.  They make it so easy to create a cute card for any fisherman (or woman) in your life.  This stamp set also includes sentiments for both men and women, so no matter who you know that loves to fish....this set has you covered.
Be sure to check out all the fabulous Whimsy Stamps inspirations on all their FAB social media.  You can also check out the Whimsy Stamps Blog.  There's absolutely no shortage of great Whimsy Stamps inspiration out there waiting for you.  Thanks so much for stopping by to take a peek at my card for today.  I really appreciate you, your visits to my blog, the comments you leave for me, and your sweet friendships.

I'm sharing my card here in these FUN challenges:

The Male Room - Challenge #187 - Ribbon or Twine - To be very honest and real with you, I tend you use ribbons, trims and twines on most of my cards.  Even this "guy card" has a bit of both.  I enjoy the warmth and texture of trims.
Where are you playing along this week?

Blessings,
Karen

4 comments:

  1. WOW - what a great card Karen - hmmm, I may have to look at investing in that stamp set as there are MANY fishermen in my extended family....
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely use of twine and ribbon for your card and a very fun fishing card it is too. I once caught piranha in Brasil and that’s was such fun! Don’t forget to add our challenge graphic to your blog post to be eligible for votes. Thanks for playing along with The Male Room. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cool, great guy card for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great use of twine on your awesome masculine card. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.