Thursday, June 20, 2024

Wish Upon a Star w/Whimsy Stamps

Welcome by again, everyone.  Thanks so much for visiting me today as I share another FUN card I created for Whimsy Stamps using more of their amazing stamps, dies and stencils.  It's so exciting shopping at Whimsy Stamps and creating with them.  Every time I go shopping there, I find so many more new and exciting stamps, dies, stencils, embossing folders and more.
This card starts with black and white cardstocks that I layered together.  The top piece of white paper was rubbed with Denim Blue and Concord Grape Oxide Inks and was then rubbed with a layer of Heavy Gesso using the darling Twinkle Stencil.  I did the same thing to the sentiment square.  I absolutely love how this background turned out.  This Twinkle Stencil really is awesome, and the STAR of this card.
I wish you could actually see how the Heavy Gesso sits raised up on this card giving it texture and glimmer.  The Twinkle Stencil is a great one for making backgrounds.  The sentiment and the black stars are found in the Shine Bright Clear Stamp Set.  There are so many cool sentiments in this set.
The seam binding and a Sweetheart Blossom were the finishing touches on this sweet little card.  The pretty accents in my photo are called Princess Pearls.  Aren't they awesome?  Thanks again for stopping by my blog today and please visit again soon.  You can find lots of great Whimsy Stamps inspiration on social media and the Whimsy Stamps Blog.

Here's where I'm sharing my starry card:

Dar & Diane's Double D Challenge Blog - Theme: Reach for the Stars - This fun Whimsy Stamps card has a starry background created using heavy gesso and a wonderful Twinkle Stencil from Whimsy Stamps as well as their Shine Bright Star-themed Stamp Set for the sentiment.
I hope you'll always remember to reach for the stars.  No matter how old we get, we don't ever have to give up on our dreams. We're able to ask God for all our dreams and wishes to come true.  God cares about us and about the things that are important to us.  Dream big, ask God, and keep reaching for those stars.

Blessings,
Karen

2 comments:

  1. I love your star themed card Karen, a lovely inked background and a beautiful ribbon bow. Just fabulous. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully creative with all those fabulous colors, such a creative design!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Double D}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.