Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Summer Challenge at The Card Concept

I hope you're ready for another FUN challenge because we've sure got one for you over at The Card Concept, and we sure hope that you'll head on over to share your cards with us.  There's a gorgeous inspiration photo to help get your creativity flowing (see below).  I was drawn to, and inspired by, the teal-colored pillow with white mosaic pattern, the black & white stripes, the starfish, and all the wonderful textures when I created my Clean & Layered card.
I layered black cardstock, teal cardstock, black & white striped patterned paper from Whimsy Stamps, and finally a layer of white watercolor paper.    I rubbed the white paper with Tumbled Glass Oxide Ink and then stencilled it using Heavy Gesso.  This gave my background a wonderful texture.
I bundled some Metallic White Iridescent String and tucked it underneath a small white doily that I die-cut with an old Papertrey Ink die.  Two of my starfish were hand drawn and fussy cut.  The smallest starfish was cut (by a crafty friend of mine) using a Spellbinders die.  The sentiment and tiny stamped starfish stamp are from the At The Beach Stamp Set from Paper Sweeties.  It was stamped onto a Fishtail Banner Die.
Please stop by The Card Concept to play along with us this month.  We always enjoy seeing your creativity and how you're inspired by this lovely inspiration photo.  Also, be sure to place the inspiration photo in your blog post to be eligible to win or make the Top 3.
You don't necessarily have to make a beach themed card in order to play along.  Maybe it's just the colors that inspire you.  Whatever it is that gets your creativity going, we look forward to seeing it.  Have a blessed week, and thanks so much for stopping by my blog today.  I always appreciate it more than you'll ever know.

Blessings,
Karen

P.S.  I'm sharing my card in these challenges:

Stencil Fun Challenge - June: Anything Goes/Optional Twist: Birthday - I used a mosaic design stencil with Heavy Gesso to create my background

Double D Challenge Blog - Challenge: Pick Three: (I used all four) Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue - I used an OLD Paper Sweeties Stamp Set for the sentiment, a NEW technique (to me, anyway) of using Heavy Gesso with my stencil (and my Heavy Gesso is new), and a "BORROWED" starfish.  When I say "borrowed", it was actually sent to me (by request) from a crafty friend who owns the Spellbinders die that cut the small starfish.  I don't think she wants it back....LOL.  And, I also used BLUE - because it's so pretty.





4 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful background Karen, and a fabulous card... love it. And your larger starfish are beautifully drawn.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is delightful, Karen. Beautiful background stenciling and colors. Love the starfish. Life is definitely better at the beach. Thanks for sharing at the Double D, "Pick Three" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. seubertdottie1@gmail.cemJune 14, 2024 at 6:33 AM

    I happy the star worked out miss not being on a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How creative ... love it! Great job my friend! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our STENCIL FUN & Double D challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth,Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.