Friday, August 2, 2024

Guest Designing at Creative Artiste

Hello, sweet blog friends.  Welcome by today as I share a (rare) Art Journal page that I created for the wonderful challenge blog Creative Artiste Mixed Media Designs.  I was blessed to have won a (fairly) recent challenge and was asked to be the August Guest Designer for Challenge #107 at Creative Artiste, and I was excited about that.  While I don't normally share my Art Journal pages, it's nice to photograph them every now and then.  If you keep an Art Journal or do any type of Mixed Media art, I do hope you'll come link it up in their amazing challenges.
On the (right) inside page, I did some stencilling, while adding paper and corrugated cardboard to the left side of this page.  I tucked in a cut Tim Holtz ephemera vintage ticket and used some of my much-coveted vintage scotch tape.  As this roll of the tape emptied.......I sighed deeply.  The stamped imaged may be Tim Holtz, I'm not completely certain.  The HELLO sentiment is from Stamp Simply.
On the left (inside) page, I did some messy Gessso stencilling.  I also added the Eucalyptus Leaves, bundled brown string, a Prima butterfly paperclip, an antique milk cap, and a strip of cream burlap topped with cream crochet lace.  I love the different textures that ribbons and materials bring to Art Journal pages.  The old photos are those of my Maternal Grandmother and her identical twin sister.
My journalling is tucked underneath the stamped image.  There are so many great layers of texture and richness in this project.  It's fun to see how to minimal colors draw on one another.  I do hope that you will stop by Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge to share your Mixed Media creations with us.  It will be great to see what you come up with to share in this fun challenge.  Happy crafting, friends.
Special thanks to Andree and her Design Team at Creative Ariste for having me join them as a Guest Designer this month.

I'm sharing my Art Journal Page here:
Double D Challenge - Basket Full of Posies - I'm not quite sure, but I think the flower I stamped is a posy.  I was guessing that's why there's a big P in the upper right-hand corner of this pretty stamp.

The Paper Funday Challenge - July: Anything Goes (Optional Critter)

Blessings,
Karen

8 comments:

  1. Wow, what beautiful pages! I love all the mixed media that you used and layered together to create your designs - amazing 😊. Thanks so much for joining us as Guest Designer over at Creative Artiste and wishing you a Happy August! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Karen, what wonderful photos shown off so beautifully. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is us @ Creative Artiste that are blessed Karen to have you as one of our Guest Designers this month what a beautiful make you have created to inspire us. Indeed layering is a wonderful technique to create so much texture in Art Journaling the extra treat for me is seeing those fabulous photographs what family treasures they are.
    Thank you Karen, wishing you a super creative August.
    Happy crafting Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Karen these are gorgeous - love that big poppy image, and all the vintage accents and textures are amazing, and yet nothing looks cluttered or 'overdone'. [to me :)]
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on being our Guest Designer tat Creative Artiste this month. I love your journal pages - I bet you were pleased when Tim brought out vintage tape then lol! The added family photos are a lovely touch - why haven't I thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen, how adorable were your grandma and her twin!! Love all of the layers you've created and embellishments you've used--this must be a textural goldmine! :-) Some (most?) of our art journal contents might just be personal and I don't share a lot of mine either, and I'm so happy you've decided to share this spread with us. Thank you so much for being our guest designer this month at Creative Artiste! Hope you have a super-creative August! Anita DT xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS! Love those old photos ... what a treasure! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power, Love Those Pretty Papers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful and creative! I love this whole idea but probably don't have the time right now to begin one lol So many crafts, so little time, am I right?!? Love that beautiful Poppy, magnificent! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Double D, Basket Full Of Posies Challenge. Donna, DT Member.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.