Sunday, June 16, 2019

Paper Sweeties June New Release Rewind

Hey friends!  Welcome back by today.  If you were here on Friday, you saw my "sneak peek" by way of my cute Mermaid Wishes card.  And if you stopped by yesterday, you saw my fun Sea You Soon card.  So today.....I'm sharing a fun card that incorporates both of the new stamp sets from the Paper Sweeties June Release along with a few of my other favorite PS products.
There's the new Mermaid Wishes Stamp Set and the new Seas The Day Stamp Set and Seas The Day Sweet Cuts (dies) for the darling seahorse, octopus, fish, crab and oyster.  The possibilities with these new sets, as with all Paper Sweeties sets, are endless and exciting.
How fun is this card?  There's a lot going on here......so, I'll try to mention everything.  I stamped Abigail and cut her out with the Abigail Sweet Cut, and then colored her with my Copics.  Her outfit (top and mermaid fin) are from the new Mermaid Wishes Stamp Set, as are the starfish, small shells, seaweed and sentiment.  The backgrounds were cut from papers and wool felt using the Rectangle Scalloped Frame Sweet Cuts and the Oval Scalloped Frame Sweet Cuts.  I also added a Marshmallow Sequin and the rainbow from Somewhere Over The Rainbow Stamp Set.
The oyster image can be found in the new Sea You Soon Stamp Set and I used the coordinating Sea You Soon Sweet Cuts to cut out the oyster.  Please let me know if you have any other questions.  Here are the links to my talented Design Team Members' blogs where you'll see LOTS of sweet inspiration.

These sweet new stamp sets and coordinating sweet cuts are available now at Paper Sweeties.  I know you'll enjoy anything you decide to purchase from Paper Sweeties.  It really does bring sweetness and fun to crafting time.  Thanks again for stopping by, and have a great day,
Karen
OK.....wait!!!  Don't run off just yet.  After I had my posts for this month all ready to roll....I started playing with these fun products again.  They're just SO much fun to play with, and it was just too hard to keep my hands off of them.  I picked up from my concept on the Mermaid Wishes card I shared Friday; but this time I decided to have Abigail coming out the other side of the chipboard life ring (upside down).  
The large glittery oval was cut using the Oval Scallop Frame Sweet Cuts.  There's also a bow that tied with delicious Bubblegum Seam Binding.  There's a cute "fish scale" stamp in the new Mermaid Wishes Stamp Set that I stamped on Abigail's fin as a guideline for the Stickles I applied.
I also want to say, straight forward, that Abigail's outfit (top and bottom and even hair bow) were stamped and cut from the same piece of paper using the new Mermaid Wishes Stamp Set.  I know that they don't look like the match when you see these pictures, but I promise that in real life, they are exactly the same.  I guess it's just how the light hits them differently.  This really has been a FUN release, and I do hope you will stop by Paper Sweeties to look around and become familiar (if you're not already).  Go ahead and embrace YOUR inner mermaid with us this month at Paper Sweeties.  FUN!!!  - Have a blessed day, Karen

6 comments:

  1. Love your card Karen! So much to look at and the rainbow is the perfect addition to your fun card, and that glittery mermaid tail on your bag topper is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww.. So cute! LOVE all the sparkle!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card the top one is Karen, but your second one really made me smile - such a fun way to use the stamps
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. What super cute designs! I love that you used so many different elements in the cards, they are a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.