Wednesday, September 13, 2017

It's Blog Hop Time at Really Reasonable Ribbon

Hello, all my ribbon loving friends!  Today is the 13th of the month, which always means BLOG HOP time at Really Reasonable Ribbon.  I'm so glad you're here, and you should have arrived here from Bonnie's Blog; but if not...you can get started there.  If you stop at each blog to leave a comment (and get some awesome inspiration) and answer the question at the end of the hop, you could win this month's Halloween inspired Ribbon Club Assortment!
I know....some of you are thinking, "What?  No hair bow"?   This month I decided to do something different and make a couple of cards for the Blog Hop.  I had picked up a new patterned paper pad the other day, and I went on Pinterest to find some inspiration.
I found a couple of cards that I wanted to recreate and put my own spin on using this month's Ribbon Club Assortment!  My first card has a witch's shoe that I free-handed; and while I'm not a great artist, I gave it a shot.  Once I cut the shoe, I added three small pieces of the 3/8" Halloween Bold Diagonal Striped Grosgrain Ribbon and "laced" the shoe with a piece of Plum Baker's Twine.
For my second card, I laid strips of patterned paper and also pieces of 5/8" Tangerine Diamond Satin Ribbon and 5/8" Black Bold Check Plaid Ribbon across my card.  Next, I added a tag that has a piece of 3/8" Black Gingham, and Orange With Black Stitching Plaid Ribbon at the top.  There's also some ephemera and a wooden sentiment.
Really Reasonable Ribbon carries LOTS of great textures of ribbons and trims such as the May Arts Netting in a wide variety of colors (great for Halloween and Autumn projects) and the awesome Woven Burlap trims and other Natural Fibers to give your cards and projects amazing texture and personality.  There's just no end to the possibilities when you shop at Really Reasonable Ribbon!
OK.....no more holding out on you.  There really IS a hair bow.  Special thanks to my dear friend, Rachel, for helping me with this.  She is the queen of bow-making and helps me SO much.  The main reason I love sharing a hair bow each month is because it's a great way to incorporate ALL the gorgeous trims from the Ribbon Club Assortment.  This bow is secured with a French Clip and incorporates a piece of each trim from this month's assortment; including the 3/8" Itsy Bitsy Spider on Tangerine Grosgrain Ribbon, 5/8" Grape Taffeta Ribbon, 3/8" Pumpkins on Black Grosgrain Ribbon, 5/8" Tangerine Diamond Ribbon, 5/8" Bold Black Check Plaid Ribbon, 5/8" Tangerine Double-Faced Satin Ribbon, 3/8" Halloween Bold Diagonal Stripe Grosgrain Ribbon, 5/8" Apple Satin With Grosgrain Edge Ribbon, and the 3/8" Tangerine Chevron Striped Grosgrain Ribbon.
In addition to the trims from this month's Ribbon Club Assortment, there's also a piece of Orange Circus Dots Grosgrain, Dark Purple Circus Dots Grosgrain, and Bright Apple Green Circus Dots Grosgrain.  You will also see a 14mm Mixed Color Round Flatback Acrylic Rhinestone (Apple Green) in the center of the bow.  
The next stop on the Blog Hop is at Kathy's Blog, and you won't want to miss her fabulous project.  Don't forget about the fun challenge taking place on the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog and to stop by the Really Reasonable Ribbon Shop to check out all the fabulous products they have to help YOU create something amazing.  And...always remember this fabulous tip:  If you make a little mistake on your card....COVER IT WITH RIBBON!
One last thing before I sign off.....this is the card I made for today's new Anything Goes challenge at Word Art Wednesday, and I invite you all to play along.  It uses Deep Pink Solid Baker's Twine, Ivory Burlap String, Cream Seam Binding, Sweetheart Blossoms and Pink Miniature Sweetheart Blossoms, Baby Pink Double-Head Stamens, Two-Tone Green/White Mulberry Leaves, and a vellum pocket filled with sequins......and Really Reasonable Ribbon made it happen!
Again, I thank you for stopping by.  I really hope you enjoy Kathy's sweet project. 

Have a great week everyone,
Karen

I'm playing along here:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Clean and Simple - only one of my cards here is CAS.

The Card Concept - Challenge #77/Weathered Florals - My final card (at bottom) was inspired by the inspiration photo.  SO pretty!

Die Cuttin' Divas - Challenge #334 - 3-D, Shaker or Shaped Cards - I made a shaker card (bottom card) by adding sequins inside a vellum pocket that I cut with a Spellbinders rectangle die.




16 comments:

  1. I just love your wonderful cards Karen and of course I adore your monthly hair bow. So glad you still shared a bow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the way you used the ribbon for the shoe lace of the witch's boot. I would have never thought of that. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Karen, you rocked it with all these wonderful creations. Really like the witch shoe card very creative. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous shoe card Karin, love how you used the ribbon and twine! Wonderful papers and design on your second card! Gorgeous hair bow, love all the beautiful colors! Your last card is beautiful, love the colors and design!
    Hugs, Sherry x
    Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh.....great cards, Karen! That shoe is the envy of every little witch out here. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your shoe card just makes me smile! Super cute!
    ]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun cards and hair bow! I love this September collection! Perfect for fall creations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun collection of cards! No question, my favorite is that delightful witch's boot...perfect for the holiday!
    Your bow would make a very fanciful embellishment on the cover of a mini-album, as well as a hair clip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen...all of your cards are fantastic! Love those ribbons and flowers on each of them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, Karen, your cards are gorgeous but that hair bow is spectacular! Have to agree with you that using ALL those beautiful ribbons really puts it over the top!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty bow and very cute cards. Love the witch's shoe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Karen, great shoe on the first card. On your second card, using a combination of ribbon and paper for the background stripes was a great idea. The card is delightful for celebrating Halloween. As for the hair bow --fabulous. Thanks for sharing these and the added card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What beautiful flowers and such a fun shaker. Thank you for playing along wit the Card Concept. Ruth DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the shaker card, so pretty! And love the verse :)
    Thanks for joining Die Cuttin' Divas this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. these are both gorgeous, luv the fun ribbons...and designs...your work is always inspiring! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.