Wednesday, March 13, 2019

It's Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog Hop Time

Hello everyone!  Welcome by today as we celebrate RIBBONS 🎀with the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog Hop.  You should have arrived here by way of Cheryl's Sweet Blog; but if you didn't, it's easy to get caught up and hop along with us.  You'll love all the inspiration using the March Ribbon Club Assortment in different ways.  In fact, I'm sharing two cards today using these fabulous trims, and both of my cards have completely different color themes.  I did this to show you how incredibly versatile these ribbons are, and how many different ways they can be used.  The Ribbon Club Assortment is a great way to receive a wide variety of trims each month to ensure that you'll always have the perfect ribbons to match every project.  Just look at this month's gorgeous assortment.
My first card uses the reds and greys found in this lovely collection.  I attached my patterned papers together using strips of Scor-Tape, as well as some border stickers.  Next, I added a piece of the 3/8" Red Satin Mini Swiss Dot Ribbon next to the border stickers.  I also wanted a bow on my card, so I tied a length of the 5/8" Charcoal Checkerboard, and incorporated a piece of White Crochet Lace, and some 3/8" Red Satin Mini Swiss Dot to the bow.  The finishing touches include some gorgeous Red Open Roses, Grey Open Roses, and Miniature Double-Head Stamens in grey and red, a touch of machine stitching and a mini paper clip.
My second cards incorporates more of the grey and salmon tones in this sweet collection.  And while, of course, I could have combined all the colors together; I really wanted to separate them out for you to show their incredible versatility.  I cut strips of patterned papers as well as pieces of the gorgeous 3/8" Shell Print on Coral Rose Satin, 5/8" Charcoal Checkerboard, 5/8" Coral Rose Taffeta and the 3/8" Mixed Grey/Red Chevron Grosgrain Ribbon to my card to create the banners.  I kept this very simple, and stamped a sentiment from the Farmhouse Scriptural Thoughts stamp set from Stamp Simply Clear Stamps that I attached with a few 3-D Foam Tabs to give it dimension.
Your next stop on the hop is at Kathy's Blog; and like she does every month, I know she has something lovely to inspire you all.  Simply leave a comment on each designer's blog, and then answer the question at the end of the hop to be entered to win this lovely Ribbon Club Assortment for your very own.  There's always lots of great inspiration on the RRR Blog, and SO many great products in the RRR Shop.  We love your visits!

Have a blessed week,
Karen

I'm playing along here:
Mod Squad Challenge Blog - Challenge: Layered Look - So both cards are layered, but I'm entering my second card for the layering the combination of patterned papers and ribbons I used to create the banners I mini-stapled onto the card.

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Feminine/Girly - To be honest, most all my cards are very feminine (because I struggle with masculine cards); but I'm entering the top card (above) because of all the soft, romantic flowers and ribbons and the black/red combination.

10 comments:

  1. Love both designs and so nice to see the different color ways. Thank you for your ideas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charmant, élégant et tout en poésie, je suis fan, biz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty cards! I love the assortment of ribbons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards. I like your mix of papers and ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the first one with the ribbon selection and the doily. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty, pretty cards! I love the matching of the red and white polka dot ribbon with the black and white polka dot paper! Your work is so feminine and sweet. The second card with the cascade of ribbon banners is so pretty too! They all mix and coordinate so well.
    Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, you are a girly girly in card and I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are such gorgeous cards! Love those beautiful embellishments. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Am in love with your beautiful ribbon cluster on your first card!!! That with the doily is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.