Friday, October 9, 2020

Enjoy The SPARKLE

Hello to all my blog friends.  Welcome by today as I share a fun SPARKLY card I created using a few fun products.  As you've probably already noticed about me, I enjoy using various mediums when die-cutting and card-making to give my cards lots of extra texture and depth.

For today's card, I started with a white cardstock base.  Next, I used a second piece of white cardstock and I brushed on an oxide ink background in shades of green to make it look natural.  Once I had the background colored, I used my Stitched Rectangle Frame Dies to cut it.  I used some 3-D Adhesive Foam Tabs to raise it a bit.  I also ran a length of  Moss Green Plaid Gingham Ribbon along the left-hand side of my card using some Scor-Tape to adhere it.

The next thing I did was to cut a few trees.  To do this, I used a gorgeous Frantic Stamper die called Large Blue Spruce.  I cut some from a shades of green and cream wool felt, and some from vellum.  I sort of laid them out to try and decide how to layer and place them.

On the surface of the trees, I added some Glitter Gel Stickles to make the trees look like some snow had fallen on the branches.  How pretty! I stamped a sentiment on the front of my card and added some sequins and a few more touches of the Glitter Gel Stickles for SPARKLE.  Then, I used more Scor-Tape to attach my card to its base, and again to attach the sentiment spot which was cut using the smallest of the rectangles found in the Stitched Frame Die; and again, I attached it with Scor-Tape.

I hope you'll stop back by often; as I'm always delighted to have you visit.
Karen

I'm playing along here:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog - MAKE IT SPARKLE - Not only do my trees sparkle with Stickles Glitter Gel, but I also added some sequins and a sentiment that includes the word SPARKLE.

Cut It Up Challenge Blog - Challenge #210 World Card-Making Day - All the die-cuts I used are listed above (rectangle frames, trees).

Dies R Us - Challenge #154 - Anything Goes - I used a Lawn Fawn Rectangle Die Set and Frantic Stamper Large Blue Spruce Dies.

7 comments:

  1. Lovely card. Sparkle is always great. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful sparkly card —- I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice layout Karen, and using the inks to make that background was fabulous - sparkle away! In which you did with those sequins and glitter gel! Hoping you win something in one of those challenges! Have a blessed week! Love the Gingham ribbon - one of my favorite types of ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card Karen - love the greens you have used
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spectacular card, Karen. It looks like a walk through a frosty forest.

    Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up for our World Cardmaking Day challenge!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sparkle and design of this really cute card!

    Thank you for joining us at Cut it Up for our World Card Making Day challenge.

    -Treva
    http://scrappint.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.