Monday, June 6, 2022

Celebrate the 4th of July With RRR

Hello, friends, and welcome by my blog today as I share a cute little patriotic card that features some awesome products from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  No matter what I'm making, no matter what colors or themes I incorporate, I can ALWAYS count on Really Reasonable Ribbon to have all the perfect ribbons, twines, trims and goodies to adorn my art.  They really have it ALL.
This quick little card started with some black and white cardstocks that I attached together with Scor-Tape.  I pressure embossed a piece of white cardstock using the Swiss Dots Embossing Folder and I also used Tim Holtz Distress Ink on that to create my background.  I used a cute circle die from Poppy Stamps to cut some patterned paper circles.  I also cut one extra circle in white, and I used a Stamp Simply stamp set for the sentiment.
At the bottom of my card, I ran a length of Red Wrinkle Ribbon and used that to tie a pretty bow that I topped with a White Magnolia Flower.  I tucked in some Red Double Head Stamens, Milk White Double Head Stamens, and Lake Blue Double Head Stamens.  I just LOVE all the texture and color that these items add to my card.  They're FUN.  Thanks so much for stopping by today.  There's always lots of great inspiration on the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog, so be sure to stop by often.  Oh, and don't forget to join us on the 13th for our monthly Blog Hop.  Have a great week, everyone.

I'm playing along here:
Taylor Made Cards 4U - June Challenge: Red, White & Blue

Can You Handle The Pressure Challenge Blog - Theme: Anything Goes (Optional Butterfly) - I used the Swiss Dots pressure plate to emboss my background.

Alphabet Challenge Blog: E is for EMBOSSING - I did dry pressure embossing on my background using the Swiss Dots embossing folder.

Beyond The Blue Challenge Blog - BB63 - FLOWER - I used a pretty magnolia flower on my card.

Blessings,
Karen

7 comments:

  1. A great patriotic card Karen - love how you hve used the circle die cuts! That red ribbon is fabulous
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful 4th of July card. it is perfect .
    hugs & Blessings
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen this is a creatively beautiful card, I always love your eye for a all the pretty details you add!! Thank you for joinin gour fun at Can You Handle The Pressure!
    Diane CYHTP DT {Nellies Nest}
    {Can You Handle The Pressure}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your patriotic card, especially those neat circle dies and the embossed background. Great card! Thanks for sharing with us at Can You Handle the Pressure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've created a wonderful card celebrating July 4th, I like your selection of papers and the combination of 3 circles as your main motif. Each of them looks like a firework in the blue sky. The big white flower is the perfect addition to balance the embellishments in your card, and I like how all those double head stamens look like fireworks as well. Thanks for joining the Alphabet challenge.

    Hugs, Veronika

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a great card. Love that embossed background - it really sets everything else off perfectly. Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge. Deborah DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh love this pretty patriotic design! Thank you so much for joining us at Beyond the Blue!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.