Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Masculine Inspiration at The Card Concept

It's tie for another FUN challenge over at The Card Concept, and this time there's a masculine theme.  If I'm being completely honest here, and I am, I've always struggled with making masculine cards.  In fact, I often avoid making masculine cards even though I know I have the supplies to make them.  I guess that's why they call it a CHALLENGE, right?  If it doesn't challenge you at all, what's the point?  How does this photo inspire you?  I'm excited to see what you'll create to share with us at The Card Concept.
I used basic black cardstock for the base I used a Taylored Expressions Scalloped Frame Die to cut the inside pieces.  The last inside piece was cut from white watercolor paper that I painted with Hickory Smoke Oxide Ink.  The stamped sentiment (Happy Father's Day) is from Stamp Simply Clear Stamps, and the chipboard pieces are from Crate Paper.
I tucked some bundled Natural Burlap String underneath the chipboard lantern.  Like I said, masculine cards are not my specialty.  I'm so grateful for the wonderful stamp companies that offer these wonderful sentiments for us to use on our cards.  I love the fonts used in the sweet sentiments from Stamp Simply and I tend to use them a lot because of their versatility and sweet encouraging words.
What does this inspiration photo say to you?  We're always so excited to see what you will create to share with us.  Use what you own, be creative, and make it work.  If I can come up with a masculine card, so can you.  We look forward to having you play along with us at The Card Concept, and we anticipate with excitement seeing your masculine cards.  Thanks so much for stopping by today, friends.

I'm linking up my Father's Day card here:
The Inspiration Station Challenge Blog - Just Us Two: Like Father Like Son - I shared a camping card which was inspired by the photo.  I always loved spending time camping, fishing and spending time with my Dad - no matter what we were doing.  It's always FUN when we're together.
Dare 2B Artzy - June: Masculine Challenge - I don't make masculine cards very often because I really struggle with them.

Try It On Tuesday Challenge Blog - Tuesday Taggers: Masculine/For The Man In Your Life

If your Dad is still around, I do hope you'll take the time to let him know how much he means to you.  Our opportunities to do so are limited, and there's never any time like the present to say "I love you".  If your Dad isn't still around, take time to thank God for your Dad, for all he means to you and how he blessed you, and thank Him also for being a loving Heavenly Father to His children.  He loves us SO much, as a good Father does.

Blessings,
Karen

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Karen - love the colours you have chosen and how you applied them
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, I also have a time creating masculine cards. I usually only create 2 a year for my husband and that's for Father's Day and his Birthday. It's a shame because I need to expand my horizons but I have much more feminine crafty stash! Thanks for sharing with us at The Inspiration Station Challenge. We love seeing how the inspiration photo is intrepreted.
    Donna
    The Inspiration Station Challenge
    The Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card! Loving that cool lamp and thermos flask - perfect 😀. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.