Monday, October 10, 2022

Give Thanks w/Love My Tapes

Washi Tape is wonderful.  It's an often-overlooked crafting tool that can be SO useful in so many different ways.  Since becoming a DT Member at Love My Tapes, I've been finding lots of new and creative ways to use washi tape.  Love My Tapes has the best selection of washi tape EVER.  I just love it and have SO much fun getting creative with it.
This card started with a black cardstock base and a piece of gingham patterned paper from Carta Bella.  I did some machine stitching on that.  Next, I layered different papers with Woodgrain Washi Tape and used a Shiplap Die from The Greetery to cut the Woodgrain Washi wood slats to create another layer.  This Woodgrain Washi Tape is cool because you can make the wood look lighter or darker depending upon what color paper you lay it on/adhere it to.
Once I had my entire card base in place, I laid several pieces of the Woodgrain Washi Tape, as well as piece of Notebook Washi Tape, Alphabet Washi Tape, Vintage Washi Tape and Track Washi Tape on white cardstock.  I used a stamp set from Stamp Simply to stamp the leaves onto the washi tapes.  Then I used the coordinating die-cut to cut the leaves.  I used 3-D foam tape to raise them up a bit.  At the top right, I bundled some knotted jute.
On the matching envelope, I used more of the Track Washi Tape, Woodgrain Washi Tape and Alphabet Washi Tape to add some fun color, and I stamped the sentiment onto the Woodgrain Washi Tape slat.  I love using the wonderful Journalling Stickers and the washi tapes to create a cute matching envelope for my cards.  There are so many great Washi Tapes to see at Love My Tapes, and I hope you'll be sure to stop by for a look.  Thanks so much for visiting, and please stop by again soon.

I'm playing along here:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says "FUN WITH WASHI" and my whole card was created with washi from Love My Tapes.

Inspiration Station - Challenge #39 - Trick or Treat - I was inspired by the leaves in this inspiration photo

Double D Challenge Blog - Octoberfest - Photo Inspiration (below) - In this photo, the elements that really inspired me were the beautiful leaves.

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog - Fall Mood Board (photo below) - The elements I drew from this inspiration photo include the leaves and warm Autumn colors.
Thanks again for visiting me today.
Blessings,
Karen

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful selection of washi tape Karen, and very innovative use of it too!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Karen: this card is lovely I love how you colored in your Leaf & Die cut, it is really pretty.
    Have a Blessed week my friend
    Hugs
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Karen!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D with your beautiful talent!
    Diane DD Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Double D}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.