Sunday, November 20, 2022

Christmas JOY w/Really Reasonable Ribbon

Are you ready for Christmas?  I'm most definitely not.  Luckily, our family isn't actually visiting until the day after Christmas, so I do get a little extra time to prepare.  I have been having a lot of fun creating Christmas cards and projects and picking up gifts and stocking stuffers.  Today I'm sharing a cute Christmas mitten filled with lots of sweet treats.  Really Reasonable Ribbon made it easy.
Oh my!  Where do I start?  I used a die-cut from PTI to cut that treat bag.  The base (back) is cut from cardboard and the front is cut from kraft tissue paper.  I machine stitched the edges to create the pocket where I could slip in goodies.  I added some peppermint sticks, candies, etc.  I ran some pretty Crochet Lace and some Red & White Gingham Ribbon across the lower part of the treat bag.
Each trim from Really Reasonable Ribbon that I added just made it cuter and cuter.  At the top of the mitten, I added some Black & White Bold Check Ribbon, some more of the pretty Crochet Lace and a piece of White Pom Pom Ribbon.  I also tucked in a few Milk White Double Head Stamens underneath the holly berries and ivy that were cut from wool felt.  I hung the mini kraft tag (JOY) from a Rusty Pear- Shaped Clip from the Embellishments section.  These adorable Pins are sold out.  But, for anyone (US only) who places an order at RRR this week and lets me know, I'll send you one dozen of these cuties.
I added a Flatback White Pearl to the tiny snowflake.  I also made another cute Santa cinnamon stick and it's hung with a length of Red Satin Ribbon.  I realize there's a lot going on with this project.  If you have any questions, just let me know.  There's always lots of great inspiration on the RRR Blog and lots of great shopping at Really Reasonable Ribbon.  Thanks so much for visiting today, and please stop by again soon.

I'm entering my project in the following challenges:

ABC Christmas Challenge Blog - W (White) or X (X-tra Special) and I'd like to think this pocket full of goodies is extra special because it was made for an X-TRA SPECIAL girl, my granddaughter.

Peace on Earth Challenge Blog - Challenge #28 - Christmas Treats - I was inspired by all the yummy treats in the inspiration photo below.

Colorful Options Challenge Blog - November: Beautiful Burgundy


Blessings,
Karen





7 comments:

  1. This is mind boggling, stunning work here, Brilliant card, great design for our challenge.… Many thanks for entering and hope to see you again soon. Good luck in the final draw.
    [aNNie proud Designer for Peace on Earth Christmas challenges
    https://thejourneyisthestarthere.blogspot.com/{My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the elements of your beautifully filled mitten but unfortunately we require stamping at Stamping Sensations-hope you will enter with another make
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Karen: Wow this is really great! I love all the goodies stuffed inside. I am positive that your Granddaughter will love this. it really looks like a FUN Project. another great design.
    Have a Blessed Week
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creation! Thank you for sharing with us at Peace on Earth Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen! This is such a wonderful creation, and I'm sure your granddaughter will love taking each piece out of the pocket to look at. Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas for our X for Xtra Special challenge, and good luck :)
    ~Marie B -DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - this is fabulous!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.