Monday, May 1, 2023

Celebrate Patriotism w/Stamp Simply

Like so many of you, I'm proud and grateful American who is super appreciative of all the brave men and women who have served our beautiful country in all branches of the Armed Forces.  It means something extra special to me because I'm what some folks refer to as an "Air Force Brat".  Dad is a (Retired) Lt. Col. in the Air Force; and at the age of 89, he is still flying.  This picture was taken not too long ago as he was preparing to go flying for a Search & Rescue mission.  Dad is a pilot, an amazing husband, an awesome Dad, a faithful servant of Christ Jesus, and a true American patriot among other things.
Personally, I think Dad's still lookin' pretty "fly" in his flying suit.  He's an amazing man and I'm proud to call him Dad.  I created this card for him as a thank you for his dedicated service to our country as well as to our family.  I used white watercolor paper for both layers.  On the top layer, I used oxide inks to paint a background and to stamp the sentiments found in another awesome new set from Stamp Simply.  The Pledge of Allegiance and the word PATRIOTISM are both found in the new Pledge of Allegiance Stamp Set.  Stamp Simply has several amazing stamp sets (well, for every occasion) that are patriotic in nature.  You're always sure to find the perfect stamps for every occasion here.
Once I'd created that fun background, I stamped the two stars using the new American Eagle Stamp Set and cut them with the coordinating American Eagle Die Cuts.  I thought about using another sentiment on my card, but I thought it would look too busy.  Instead, I used some pretty Blue Seam Binding and ran it across my card and tied a sweet double bow with it.  I added a small Fishtail Banner Die cut from the Echo Park 4th of July 6x6 Paper Pad.  I also used the Stars & Stripes/Old Glory Dies to cut some glittered red stars that I placed randomly about the card to add a pop of color.
I hope you've been visiting the Stamp Simply Blog to see all the awesome inspiration from our talented Design Team using the new American Eagle Stamp Set and the new Pledge of Allegiance Stamp Set.  There are some truly amazing cards being shared this week that will inspire you and give you some really great ideas for patriotic cards.  In fact, Stamp Simply has a wide variety of amazing stamps for every occasion you can imagine, including several cool patriotic sets.
Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Please let me know if you have any questions about my card or any of the wonderful products from Stamp Simply.  If you know someone who has served in our military forces, I'm sure they'd greatly appreciate a card telling them how grateful you are for their service.  Have a wonderful week, everyone.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog - Simon Says "Anything Goes"

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog - Simon Says "Paint It" - I painted the background of this background.  It's white watercolor paper that I painted with oxide inks.

Blessings,
Karen

5 comments:

  1. What an amazing man your Dad is Karen!! And a wonderful card you have made for him
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the wonderful story about your Dad. And he is still flying at 89 years young! I love your card and I think he should frame it and hang it on his wall! I am afraid this card put me over the edge and I am going to have to get these new Patriotic stamps! We definitely need to be Patriotic these days now as never before. Thanks so much for all of your beautiful, meaningful cards that you do for Stamp Simply! God Bless America and God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dad looks great, my hubby can't fit in his uniform since retiring from the Air Force. Very cool patriotic card, like the sparkle :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. your Dad looks wonderful I love your card so very patriotic . I need to buy a set or 2 they are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you to your dad for his service. Love the patriotic card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.