Friday, May 5, 2023

My Forever Friend w/RRR

Welcome by today, friends.  Thanks for visiting me today as I share another super FUN card that I made using a few of my favorite products from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  I can honestly say that this card came together using a whole lot of scraps.  The red card base was a pre-cut scrap, as were the small piece of corrugated cardboard, the left-over piece of red gaffer tape, and the scrap of patterned paper.  So, I literally used a few random items that I had laying around on my craft table to create the base of this card.  The secret is.......Scor-Tape.
It's all held together securely using strips of Scor-Tape.  I wrapped the card in Natural Burlap String and also attached a piece of lovely Crochet Lace to this card giving it lots of fabulous texture.  That's what Really Reasonable Ribbon helps you do.  I cut a length of Solid Ivory Baker's Twice and a length of Solid Wheat Baker's Twine and attached those as well.  Yes, lots of great layers.
I added an antique milk cap, a torn scrap of Burlap Ribbon, a miniature paperclip, a sentiment sticker, and the small doily and little house(s) are from old PTI die-cut sets.  The patterned paper scrap and sentiment sticker are from October Afternoon 5 & Dime.  Lots of vintage stash items here, and Really Reasonable Ribbon helps to make it all so much more exciting.
Any time you need some amazing inspiration, you're welcome to stop by the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog to see what my fabulous teammates are up to using ribbons, trims and twine.  There's always a great bargain at RRR and every trim, lace, ribbon, twine, mulberry flower and adhesive you could every imagine.  Don't miss out on ALL there is at Really Reasonable Ribbon.

I'm playing along here:

Park Hopping: My Happy Place Challenge Blog - May Theme: Anything Goes Related to Theme Park - My card uses a super cute (old stash) October Afternoon carnival patterned paper (on the right-hand side).  It also has an antique milk cap on it, and that reminds me of attending the Minnesota State Fair and entering projects to try to win a ribbon.  This card just reminds me of attending the Theme Parks, Carnivals and Fairs I've attended over the years.

Blessings,
Karen

8 comments:

  1. Hi Karen - I love all your elements. Your cards always have that special touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of twine and texture on this wonderful card Karen
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowza lots of amazing layers and textures! This is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww... it does remind me of the state fairs I went to as a girl. TY for the reminder of great memories. I love the antique feel to this. Thank you for joining us at Park Hopping, My Happy Place. Have a peaceful & creative weekend. Cheers, Makira

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH! How clever to put these elements together, a fabulous creation Karen. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous collage/mixed media card you have created!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for entering this super piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. Lots to see on the card. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card - as Sarn says, so much to see on your card, fascinating stuff too.

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.