Friday, November 3, 2023

A Pocketful of Christmas w/Really Reasonable Ribbon

One of my favorite little gift-giving projects has always been a good old paper bag pocket.  I have a wide assortment of paper bags for this very reason, and I always greatly enjoy decorating them.  With Really Reasonable Ribbon, I know I'll always find the perfect twines, trims and goodies to help me adorn them with style.  How sweet is this?
I used a basic brown paper bag, and I folded it halfway up, covered the bottom portion with a piece of vintage sheet music that I stamped on with a new Papertrey Ink stamp set.  I machine stitched that to my bag base.  Next, I ran a length of Scor-Tape along the inside lip of the brown paper bag, and I attached a piece of Ivory Crochet Lace at the top.  You can use any type of Crochet Lace to achieve this look.
At the bottom, I attached a piece of Black & White Bold Gingham Ribbon, some wool felt holly and berries that I cut using a Papertrey Ink die.  I also attached a nice long length of Ivory Burlap String and some Cherry Baker's Twine on the rusty jingle bells.  I tucked a gift card in the pocket along with two tags that I adorned with Red & White Bold Gingham, Moss Green & Cream Gingham Ribbon, and several Double Head Stamens.
Making a fun paper bag pocket is a great way to give someone something special without spending a whole lot of money.  You can tuck in some photos, a note, a gift card, candies, etc. because there's an automatic built-it pocket for this purpose.  Go ahead....grab a paper bag, some trims from Really Reasonable Ribbon, and give this a try.
Really Reasonable Ribbon will always provide the perfect products to help you create wonderful cards and projects.  There's lots of great inspiration on the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog and lots of great shopping that awaits you at RRR.  Thanks so much for stopping by today.

Colorful Options Challenge - November: Red - I love all the RED accents in the candy canes, berries, trims and such.


Blessings,
Karen




2 comments:

  1. Oh my that is just gorgeous, all the great details on it, such a fun way to gift someone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a fantastic idea Karen, and a beautiful result - this is so gorgeous!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.