Monday, November 6, 2023

The Stockings Were Hung w/Stamp Simply

Hello, sweet blog friends.  Thanks for stopping by my blog today to take a peek at a warm Winter card I created using one of my favorite Christmas sets from Stamp Simply.  One of the things I really love to do when I'm die-cutting is to incorporate various mediums (such as the cork paper, the wool felt, etc.) to give my projects extra texture.  The wonderful steel dies from Stamp Simply cut clean through anything I've tried so far.
I used black cardstock for my base and I layered that with a piece of brick patterned paper from the Craft Consortium Brick Textures 6x6 Paper Pad that I ran through my Cuttlebug with the Tim Holtz Lumber Embossing Folder to give it even more texture.  I stamped the stocking twice onto cork paper using the Mittens & Stockings Stamp Set and I cut the stocking tops and heels from ivory wool felt.  The pretty snowflake is also found in the Mittens & Stocking Dies.  I attached the stockings with some Solid Black Baker's Twine.
The sentiment is also found in the Stamp Set and I stamped it onto the same patterned paper that I also pressure embossed once the sentiment had been stamped.  I cut the sentiment banner using the Fishtail Banner Dies.  I added some May Arts Black & White Gingham Ribbon to my card and added a simple bow with it.  This is fairly simple card, but these sweet stamps and dies make it so easy to "stamp simply".
Thanks again for stopping by to say hello.  It's always a treat to have you visit and share your thoughts with me.  I'd love to hear what you think of this card, and to hear what you're creating this week.  I hope to visit you soon.

Blessings,
Karen

P.S.  I'm sharing my card in the following challenges where I just LOVE to play along:

Can You Handle the Pressure Challenge - Anything Goes w/Pressure Embossing/Optional: Vines - I used the Tim Holtz Mini Lumber Embossing Folder on the brick paper to give it some great texture.

Peace On Earth Christmas Challenge - Challenge #51 - This photo inspired me with the stockings that were hung (upper left), and not so much the traditional Christmas colors.
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says "Emboss It" - I used a brick patterned paper from The Craft Consortium and I pressure embossed it with the Tim Holtz Mini Lumber Embossing Folder to give it even more texture.

5 comments:

  1. A cute card Karen, and a great use of 'alternative' colours for Christmas
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never think to put wool with cork but it looks fabulous, very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG ... this is just ADORABLE Karen! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth & Can You Handle the Pressure challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

    ReplyDelete
  4. So creative Karen, love everything about it.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stockings inspired by our Peace on Earth mood board! Love the use of the cork paper for them and the brick patterned paper for the background. Thanks so much for joining us at Peace on Earth.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.