Monday, September 21, 2026

One Card & Two Layouts w/Poppystamps

It's always so much FUN using the wonderful layered and detailed die-cuts from Poppystamps.  When I take them out and create with them, it's always a good time.  Today I'm sharing a sweet Autumn card that uses just two different sets from Poppystamps.  There are lots of paper layers on this warm and heartfelt card, and because the patterned papers are so busy; I decided to make two versions of this card.  This first one has more of the patterned papers, and the second version is a bit simpler with less of the patterned paper.
For both cards, I used lots of Echo Park's lovely Fall Blessings patterned papers.  I cut each background layer using the Eyelet Frame Dies.  This has become a favorite of mine, and as you can see; I love running some Baker's Twine through the eyelet hoops for added color and texture.  This lovely 6-piece Eyelet Frame Die Set is a great investment because you'll use it time and time again.  Once I had all my background layers in place, the real FUN began.
I used the ADORABLE NEW Nordic Acorn Squirrel Dies to cut that sweet squirrel.  I used more of my patterned papers to cut Mr. Squirrel's cute sweater as well as for all those darling little acorns.  I rubbed the edges of the patterned paper-cut acorns with some distress ink for shading and placed them all around the squirrel.  Like I said, using just two die sets was all it took to create this sweet card.  OK...now I'll share the second, less busy version of this card.
For this second version, I removed one of the patterned papers and replaced it with a larger piece of the ivory cardstock that I cut, once again, using the Eyelet Frame Dies.  I almost forgot to mention that on both cards, I splattered everything with a bit of Spiced Marmalade and Peeled Paint Distress Spritz.  This gives your cards another pop of color and pizzazz.  This version is basically the same card other than that I changed the background layers, and I changed the sweater on the squirrel.
Which version of this card is your favorite?  My husband thinks the first version is way too busy.  I think I kinda like all those pretty papers and colors.  Those who know me best are well aware of my need to layer it on...and then some.  As I've mentioned many times, layering paper is one of my favorite things to do when cardmaking.  It's always fun to make a second version of a card just to showcase the products differently.
Using the dies from Poppystamps really is SO FUN and SO EASY.  You simply cut the layers and place them where they go using your favorite glue or adhesive.  Some of our Poppystamps Designers make very simple cards, and some go crazy like me.😲  The point is that with Poppystamps products, it's always fun and easy.  I really do hope that you'll stop by to take a look around at all the wonderful dies at Poppystamps that will help you create something wonderful.  They also have a really FUN Monthly Challenge where you can WIN a $20 store credit.
Thanks so much for taking the time to visit me here today.  It's always a treat to have you stop by to take a quick peek at my art, and I appreciate it more than I can possibly express to you.  Let me know what you think about these cards I've shared today.  Your opinions are always appreciated and valued.  Have a wonderfully creative week, sweet friends.

I'm playing along here:

The Paper Funday Challenge Blog - Challenge #91 - I went with the Anything Goes theme.  This is my Entry #6/6

Craft Rocket Challenge Blog - Challenge #140 - Use Dies - I used lots of die-cuts on this card, and they're all mentioned and linked above.

Blessings,
Karen


2 comments:

  1. Two delightful cards Karen - love that fabulous 'nordic style' squirrel die, and how you have used him
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute and I love how he has a big collection of acorns!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.