Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Christmas Cookies w/Really Reasonable Ribbon

What makes a card interesting in your opinion?  For me, it needs some depth, some texture, something that makes it stand out and take notice.  Well, when I use ribbons and trims from Really Reasonable Ribbon on my cards, I know I'll always have the perfect accents to add those touches of texture, depth and personality.  That's what I did for this SWEET Christmas card.
I used basic black cardstock that I layered with a deep green patterned paper.  I machine stitched the papers together and then added a darling sentiment from Bonnie Garby Designs.  I cut the "cookies" using some old dies and I topped one with Cherry Baker's Twine and some rusty jingle bells.  On the lefthand side of my card, I added a beautiful ribbon treatment.
This sweet ribbon topping started with a length of Emerald Green Gingham Ribbon that I ran down the left side of the card.  Next, I tied a big pretty bow using Red Gingham Ribbon.  I also tucked in some Green Bundled String, Mulberry Leaves, wool felt leaves, and a sweet topping of various Open Roses.  The cookies, sentiment and ribbons were attached using lots of fabulous Scor-Tape.
We all hope that you'll visit the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog often for lots of great inspiration and up-to-date information about special sales and promotions.  You won't want to miss any of what's happening at Really Reasonable Ribbon.  Have a blessed and creative week, everyone.

Inspiration Station Challenge - December: Inspiration Photo - I was inspired by all the festivities of Christmas and the traditional Christmas colors in this gorgeous photo.  The photo makes me want to go to Disneyland, too!!

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog - Simon Says "Party Time" - Cookies are a MUST at every good Christmas party.

Double D Challenge Blog - Winter/Snow Scene - I was inspired by the houses in the inspiration photo because I know that inside each house, Christmas cookies and goodies are being baked and enjoyed by all.


Hugs,
Karen



11 comments:

  1. What a lovely card. Anyone would be happy to receive it. Thanks for the blog hop. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this card when I visited your blog for the WAW blog hop and had to come take a closer look! Your cardmaking style is so beautiful! All those extra details and gorgeous ribbons, flowers, stitching, die cuts, etc. make your cards extra special! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never tire of seeing your gorgeous designs. I love how you arrange your embellishments and this card is lovely. Thanks for joining us at The Inspiration Station Challenge. Merry Christmas to you and yours.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenges
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo . . . yummy!! This is just gorgeous! Your ribbon cluster embellishment is quite stunning and all the little details you added (like the stitching) really give this card personality!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing Karen - love all the depth and texture you have obtained with the ribbon, bells and die cuts
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous design with the real looking cookies to fram that wonderful sentiment. My son is here for the holiday and today, we are baking cookies. Your card is a wonderful addition to our Double D Challenge. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute card. I love all the embellishments you added. Thanks for sharing with us at PIP challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh. Those little paper cookies look good enough to eat! So fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty! I absolutely love the cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karen, What a lovely card you have created...so many interesting details that adds such interest. Thanks so much for sharing with us this month at Inspiration Station Challenge Blog. Smiles, Kathy DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.