Thursday, August 29, 2024

Celebrate Your Special Day

Like most of you, I just LOVE making cards.  It's especially exciting when I'm able to make cards that are purely just for fun.  This is one of those cards.  I also enjoy playing along in challenges when I'm able, and that's what I'm hoping to do with this card.  If you know of a good challenge, please let me know.  I'm always on the look-out for fun challenges - especially when there are prizes involved.  Although I don't win anywhere very often, it's always fun when I'm able to try.
I pulled out some of my favorite patterned papers from my stash.  They're from an old Crate Paper line called Emma's Shoppe.  They include the papers, stickers and chipboard piece I used.  That super FUN party hat die-cut I used is from The Greetery.  I posted a different version of this card today on Instagram that included a 2" honeycomb ball.  I created this version so that the card can be placed in an envelope and mailed.
When I changed out the honeycomb ball, I used the Honeycomb Party Hat Die Set to cut the fringed circles instead.  In the center, I placed a cute little plaid Cabachon Flatback Embellishment from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  This gives it dimension but still leaves it flat enough for the envelope.  This is such a cute color combination, and although not everything is perfectly matchy-matchy, I'm fine with that.
The little journalling card behind the Party Hat is from We R Memory Keepers, and it is a SUPER old item from my stash.  I've been trying to incorporate some of my stash items.  AND....if anybody (in the United States) is in need of stamps or ephemera, please let me know.  I'm happy to share my ridiculous over-load of product.  God has blessed me exceedingly abundantly - just as His Holy Word says He will.
I also used a cute (older) stamp set called Wishing You from Paper Sweeties to stamp my sentiment and the cute party hats on the matching envelope.  Please let me know if you have any questions about the products I used or whatever.  I would be most appreciative if you'd stop by my Instagram Page to FOLLOW me there as well as here on my blog.  I thank you for stopping by today.

Here's where I'm linking up my card - simply because I LOVE to play along:

Seize The Birthday Challenge - Challenge #290 - Theme/Topping:  Retro - I think my card is a bit "RETRO", but I'll let the experts decide.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes - Entry #3/5 - I entered another card like this earlier today that had a different topper on the Party Hat; but because I wanted another version that would fit in an envelope, I made this one along with a matching envelope.

Cupcake Inspirations Challenge - Challenge #600 - What a CELEBRATION!  I love to play along here whenever I can.  WOW!  Talk about some amazing sponsors.  Happy Birthday, Cupcake Inspirations and your wonderfully creative Design Team.

Double D Challenge - SHAPES - This card is a rectangle base with a triangle party hat, circles on the hat topper and a square sticker.

Blessings,
Karen

8 comments:

  1. A very pretty card Karen - Love the loopy border as well as the cute hat. I did see the pompom version on I.G.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you created this card with lots of shapes. From circles, to rectangles and a cone. Very creative for this challenge. So glad that you joined us at Double D Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card so much! And yes I am following you on Instagram too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, all details so cute , happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another fun card!! I love the colors on this. Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

    Nora
    DT Member
    Cupcake Inspirations Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card definitely has a retro feel to it Karen! Such fun patterns and details. Well done - such a great card. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it definitely has a retro vibe as the cone shape birthday hat has been around for years and years. Love the colors and the fun papers too. Thanks for taking the time to join us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Playing for fun is just the best, isn't it? This is such a fun card. Love the colors and patterns. Thanks so much for playing with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.